Pre-65 Entry Forms

highland lassie

lets hope you stick by your rules or you have only yourselves to blame,with such a big event your

slowly becoming a victim of your own success.

What HL said....and this much, if you don't like the way the organiser have decided to do things, easy, don't bother posting an entry form off. I'm sure many others will be grateful of marginally better odds in the ballot.

As for a victim of it's own success, that happened after the second or third time the trial ran.

Edited by Slapshot 3

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having rode the trial in the past and knowing all the hard work andy and co put into the event,

it was not until the anti BSA wingers ,started getting these rules put into the event that it became

a waste of time sending in a entry, eg no oil in frame, no four stud forks, no square barrels not pre65

i know, but neither are these new cubs james or ariels with there new frames, forks and barrels that

are allowed in and are alot more compeditive than any old swan neck steel forked round barrel bsa,

it seems to me you can trick up anything as long as its not a bsa, all that i am asking for is a level

playing field and i have nothing but respect for the engineering and time people put into these very

special bikes .

have not rode in years slapshot and as long as these rules stand not bothed if i don't ride again,

i just hope the orginers don't adopt your sod you! attitude !

Hi Guys,

Hi Highland Lassie,

Thanks for the information, thats puts me in my place.

Isn't it a pitty that there is not two Pre 65 Scottish Two Day trials, I know it would be imposible to organise by the same club , and probably no one else is intrested.

But it would give us Old Timers one last chance to ride our Old (new) bikes on the Scottish Hills. And perhaps BSA's would get presidence in an entry,. One can only dream.

Regards Charlie

have not rode in years slapshot and as long as these rules stand not bothed if i don't ride again,

i just hope the orginers don't adopt your sod you! attitude !

Not a "sod you attitude" Paioli, just fed up seeing criticism flying around aimed at people I know who do a huge amount of work to put together one of the best trials on the calander. The original posts on this thread were only a whinge about the bike eligibility rulings.

I wish Pre 65 trials in general could get some parity with bikes but everyone is always going to look for an angle, it's human nature. the Bulto's, Mont's and Ossas last year.....how Pre 65 were they, Ariels with carved up frames, electronic ignition, Metal Profile Forks disguising a set of Paioli internals etc etc etc you can go on forever. Yes, I respect the engineering ability on show, yes I love to look at some of the gorgeous machinery that turns up in Kinlochleven every year but how much of it is really pre 65. I don't know enough about the anti BSA stuff to comment properly, but know my dad fell foul of it in the past.

It's impossible to get right, in many eyes it will never be fair but them's the published eligibility rules and if they stick by them no matter your "name", then the trial and eligibility is fair.

We each have a choice to enter or stay away. For those that choose to stay away, everyone elses chances of a ride increase. Doesn't affect me directly, I don't ride Pre 65's (unfortunately)but know plenty who do and have fallen foul of the rules. The way round that is to read them then make sure your bike fits, then no-one can point a finger at you.

Edited by Slapshot 3

simple solution introduce a specials class only one award and any doubt or finger pointing that machine

goes into the special class and only compete for that award and the rider who has a genuine pre65 gets

to compete with other genuine pre65 bikes, something i think worth looking at next year still keeping

original rules but trusting the riders to enter the proper class and not run the risk of the finger pointing

issue, and being sent home through ineligibility, or excluded from the results.

or something used in the past a 10 mark penalty for any non factory or heavily moded main component

eg forks frame hubs and barrels, then that gives riders with genuine bikes HOPE !

It's a good job that all you guys are not identifiable isn't it?

Hmmmmmm..... :thumbup:

You will notice that I am keeping out of all these arguements!

Only cause you've been away....can sense the restraint over the internet :P:thumbup:

I trust you and Jean enjoyed Spain

D

Edited by Slapshot 3

Isn't it a pitty that there is not two Pre 65 Scottish Two Day trials, I know it would be imposible to organise by the same club , and probably no one else is intrested.

But it would give us Old Timers one last chance to ride our Old (new) bikes on the Scottish Hills. And perhaps BSA's would get presidence in an entry,. One can only dream.

Regards Charlie

There is another 2 Day event, organised by Inverness & District near Aviemore, in June. Regs available in mid March 2007.

We've been running this event for three years now and entries are slowly improving but still plenty space (no ballot)

All classes catered for and the trick bikes go into the specials class. :thumbup: D.

post-241-1160498493.jpg

I would love to ride either of the events but only on a level playing field, elegibility wise not the sections, as yet i still havent seen a universally recognised definition that is also applied blindly across the ENTIRE entry of "trick".

Back to my original and often repeated point that the ACU should publish in the handbook a strict no exceptions specification of what is allowed and what is specifically NOT allowed for both these competitions. Otherwise this arguement will go on forever. "Specials" class or no specials class.

From what i have seen if you apply the no non factory std components rule then ALL the bikes would be in the "specials " class as non are un modified even if only running modern tyres, brake shoes, nylon lined cables, ignition components inc spark plugs and lubricants. How many are running alloy rims when fitted with chrome steel one from the factory? OK you many say this is taking it to the nth degree but without a universally applied and BINDING set of construction regulations that apply to ALL events then how can you have a level playing field?

How many Cubs do you see without frame strengthening fitted with their original steel tank and a 3.50 section rear tyre because a 4.00 wouldnt fit in the narrow swing arm?

:thumbup:

Hi Guys ,

Hi Big"J"

Come on boys i thought we were trying to discuss having another Two Day trial up there, which as i've learnt today would then make three. This is making me feel a lot happier already. I shall be popping up over the wall by the looks of things,

You think you've got trouble with your bike store Big "J" you should see mine at the moment. You know what I mean. I have never heard a Gas Gas called a boiler before but I spose they are.

why dont we step back and look at this from another angle..

we must all enjoy pre 65 trials or the debate wouldn't exist, none of us seem to be any one aiming to knock messers Andrews and Gaunt from thier deserved top of podium spots ( i couldnt with a 50 point start and using my new beta)

but we must all enjoy riding and then 'fettling' our bikes and spend what we can or feel necessary on them .

the rukes for the 'scottish' really are fairly loose, enforcement seems non to strict so what can be wrong with that.

if the real gripe is I didnt get an entry keep applying or observe or take one of the hundreds of bits of advice that are freely offered by people who know

what ever you choose to do I'll be there for my holiday in the 'highlands' sans wife and kids and I hope it rains..

Hi Guys.

D-, for my homework. I should have found the SACU web site sooner, then I would have found the other Pre 65 Scottish Two Day trial, run by the Inverness and District Motorcycle Club.

There trial is run on private land at Alvie. the Classes are for,

Pre Unit Rigid, Pre Unit Springer, Two Stroke,

Foreign to 1964, Unit Construction to 1970, and (Specials.)

That sounds OK to Me. last years trial was on June 17-18th,

Summer Hol's anyway me thinks.

Just been thinking to day(which could be dangerous) With the falling numbers in the Sammy series. Perhaps Two Day Pre 65 trials could be the way forward for the sport anyway.

simple solution introduce a specials class only one award and any doubt or finger pointing that machine

goes into the special class and only compete for that award and the rider who has a genuine pre65 gets

to compete with other genuine pre65 bikes, something i think worth looking at next year still keeping

original rules but trusting the riders to enter the proper class and not run the risk of the finger pointing

issue, and being sent home through ineligibility, or excluded from the results.

or something used in the past a 10 mark penalty for any non factory or heavily moded main component

eg forks frame hubs and barrels, then that gives riders with genuine bikes HOPE !

Totally Agree Paioli with the special class trouble is 95% of the entry will be in this class!!

I think the premier award should go to the best ride on a standard pre unit machine.

Why is 1965 the so called class date, is it because of the spanish invasion of lightweght 2ts? Cause it was not the sad demise of the brit bike industry, that was later in the seventies sometime i beleive.

For my money the whole brit bike thing has got completely out of hand, Just hope the Twinshock class doesnt go down the same road......

Edited by pitley