Mick Andrew's Head

ask greeves

Around about 1974/5 when Mick Andrews was an OSSA star, he used to wear a very stylish 'Gadsby' type cap, I think it was manufactured by Bell, the people who make the crash helmets. Has any Trials Central viewer got one they would want to sell, or at least a picture of Mick wearing the cap.

:D When I was a kid we always wore a helmet when practicing , ... But to be cool you had to have the BELL

STROKER hat for events ! But then we didn't have minders and catchers ! And I don't remember anyone

ever getting seriously hurt , Don't get me wrong though ! I firmly beleive in helmets ! A bell motostar saved my life ! although I still spent 4 days in a coma after being run off the road by a 58 or 59 eldorado !!!!

You know the old lane change on top of you and you hit the median divider at 55 mph swerving out of the morons way !!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....................... And yes it left a mark !

:D:D;) Glenn

P.S. and yes we all wanted to look like mick and sammy ...!

Edited by axulsuv

No No No, This wasn't a Bell Crash Helmet, this was a Bell cloth cap, from memory it was 4 sections on the top, and as mentioned earlier, was a Gadsby style, somebody must remember Mick wearing it. As a matter of interest Bell had the best advert ever, 'IF YOU'VE GOT A TEN DOLLAR HEAD....WEAR A TEN DOLLAR HELMET'