Ty175 Electronic Ignition

andy.t

Just done my first trial with the electronic ignition fitted along with a mate of mine who also fitted one at the same time.First and most important thing for me was the fact it was a hot day today and thats when my bike would always cut out,and it didnt.Going around the sections I found there was always enough response from the engine at any point to give me the required amount of power,so I was very pleased with the result. I had a quick go on my mates bike and that was so much better than how it had been, I would say he is very pleased with it.So to sum it up I would say if your looking for a little more response from the engine and its been playing up,like mine was,then its a good move to make, and if your bike was not so good to start with,with regards the ignition setting then its a very good move to fit electronic ignition.Just incase your interested the one we fitted was from HERE

Glad its worked out well,that was what I was looking for - just a bit more upper zap.I'll have to find a quiet excuse to order one for mine,hopefully she wont notice the credit card bill !

Glad to hear the ignition works well. Note re traders, Malvern show this year Renthal 6 " silver handlebars were one price at one end of the hall and a different price the other end. ????? That is just one item, I know of others who post on here that agree. Enough said. :D

Yes I agree that there can be price differences, its the same with milk and bread etc, so why should it be any different when it comes to products for the trials market. The answer is simple if you cant afford it dont buy it, and go find a sport you can, then you can moan about the different prices in that as well. P.s my last post was a bit of a baited trap, I knew it would be you who fell into it first. Oh and by the way I know others who post here who talk utter b*****ks so that means nothing.

Edited by majesty320

A baited trap :D The reason is simple there is a RRP for most products especially Renthal bars Domino grips and any other bread and butter trials parts. Yes they may varie by a few pence here and there as does a loaf of bread and a pint of milk in the supermarkets. I am talking pounds difference on 1 item being Renthal bars. Again if someone is selling an electronic ignition set up they have had produced and is unavailable elsewhere then it is up to them what they charge. There are 3 people supplying TY 250 electronic ignitions that I know of and the prices varie a great deal, I think around

Edited by bo drinker

I have owned and used the system Craig Mawlem sells, I have also fitted the ignition that Trail and Trials sell to one of my bikes. The only similarity is the back plate, and this is because they are both designed to fit the same bike. One has more components than the other, one has fixed timing and the other is adjustable. Somehow they dont appear to be the same do they. I also believe Collin at TYoffroad sells an ignition that is cheaper than the other two, does this make it the best. Sorry you are right, they all produce a spark when the flywheel goes round so they must be the same, therefore they should be the same price. You should ask people like Andy.T if they feel the have been ripped off after all the problems he had before he bought the ignitions. As far as Renthal bars and other such items are concerned, buy the cheapest or dont buy at all its that simple. I imagine this would force the others to reduce their prices dont you. Its not rocket science. Have you ever tried to buy off some of the cheaper guys on Ebay? They advertise items they dont carry in stock or only have one of each item. I saw some cheap cables the other week that turned out to be cheap Chinese copies of Venhill cables. Like I said you get what you pay for most of the time as quality usually costs more. ps I like your little ikons there very good, did you draw them yourself?

Edited by majesty320

one has fixed timing and the other is adjustable.

Not sure why you think that? Craig's backplate has slots so you can move the static timing point to wherever you want, so it's adjustable.

The other ignition has 3 fixing points for static timing so it is also adjustable over three positions.

Both have a built in advance curve, although one more than the other.

Hi Woody yes your right Craigs ignition has a slot so you can advance or retard the static timing, the ignition from Trial and Trials has three holes and you can alter the timing this way. What I should have said was that one needs setting up with a timing light and the other can be just fitted and run staight away.