Locked Up Engine Or Gearbox? Beta Techno

jimmyh

went to start a trial today and my beta techno would not go into nutral when it was running. stoped the engine and tried to get it in but would not go. when i tried to kick start it , it was locked solid. removed the fly wheel case and it would not go round forward BUT it would turn the engine in reverse. got the bike into nutral but the fly wheel still would only go back wards not forwards???? anyone had this problem. wrecked my whole day:(

Edited by jimmyh

Only thing I can think of is the shifter mechanism has broken. Sounds like one of the gears has broken loose and is being chased into engagement at the same time as another gear in one direction and spread apart in the other. Remove the clutch pack and see if the crank spins freely. Then I think you're in for an engine split. Even if this frees up you should probably split the cases and check it out or you may do much more damage. Sorry but this sounds like major surgery.

Have to agree with Dan.

The fact that it turns one way but not the other suggests there's something mechanical floating around.

You first noticed the problems as a gear shift problem so that gotta be the best start point.

Yeah, you could try taking the clutch pack out, you might strike lucky but it does sound like it will be a little more involved than that.

Sorry.