Beta 270 Rear Tyre Rubbing On Rear Shock?

grasshopper

I've ridden my 08 270 Beta twice and have noticed that the rear tyre is rubbing hard onto the rear shock - to the extent that the rubber boot is now completely worn through and the shock body has a visible scuff caused by the abrasion. Most of my riding will be more trail orientated (I a road regd) so I will be riding in muddy conditions for extended periods in the future.

Has anyone experined similar problems and is this easily sortable? I've already tried to pull the rear wheel back by extending the snail cams but the chain is too tight now. Should I lengthen the chain?

Thanks for any help!

They all seem to do this to varying degrees. "If" you can find one for your model chain, one solution is to install a half-link in the chain or another whole link if the snail adjuster is rotated so the axle is in the way forward location. Another solution (and especially if you're planning on lots of trail riding) would be to install a one-tooth smaller rear sprocket. This'll get the wheel back more in the adjustment range.

As for the rubber flap, I make my own out of 1/8" rubber sheet (I think that's about 18 stone in England :wall: ) and just use the old one as a template.

I do plan on putting a 13 on the front (like the recommended SSDT gearing) so will probably be forced to lengthen the chain then.

A 'link and half' will do the job nicely, it will effectively give you a 2nd gear to 7th gear which only takes a couple of outings to get used to.

Definitely fast enough in top too...