2000 Beta Rev 3

trialsteve

Hi all,Ihave a 2000 model 250 beta rev3.

The bike starts and runs at low revs perfectly,at about half throttle it starts to missfire,and can't seem to clear itself.

I have cleaned the carb which did not help,adjusted the air screw to lean the mixture and it seemed to help a little.

I could be wrong,but the bike seems to be running very ritch,but have ho idea what has caused it. Could be a weak spark??

Hope someone can help,many thanks

Edited by trialsteve

I live in Queensland, Australia and the local Beta dealer has an exchange service, with the stators being rewound locally. The rewound stators don't fail.

The only way I know of for testing them is to borrow one off a mate and see if it fixes the problem. Beware not all Rev 3 models have the same connections - I think yours will have a different number of wires to later model stators so you will probably need to find someone with a 2000 model if you want to test it out.

Check your coil, CDI and kill switch wiring for a loose connection, failing that your stator could be on its way out. Also worth trimming the end of your HT lead a little on the spark plug end.

Edited by SawTooth

Steve

My 2000 rev3 had similar issues. It would start but die as soon as you gave it a rev, then it just gave up starting too. After spending ages stripping down and rebuild and checking electrics etc I finally gave up and bought a stator, coil and CDI from Lampkins who said just send back the ones that you dont need. It tuned out to be the CDI in the end and the bike now starts and runs like a dream!!

Hopefully it's not the stator as a new one is pricey for 2000 rev3. There's a company called 'West Coast Windings' (google them) who will do a full re-wind for about