New Us Beta Importer

nif40

Hello,

My name is Tim Pilg and I am the owner of American Beta. A couple of my friends called me up and said there were some negative comments in this forum about myself and my company. I would like to clear a few things up.

I am not here to make any enemies nor will I bash anyone else or their business tactics. I have been in the motorcycle business since I was 14. I worked at a small Maico shop in my home town. I had the privilege of working on bikes and learning the mechanical trade. I was introduced to trials in 1982 by a great guy named Bob Miller. Bob had a cool business known as Section One Trial Products. Bob began to teach me

Tim the internet is a great place to criticise from. Sigh

Good luck with growing the business and supporting Beta to sell more bikes. Your business strategy may be different but hopefully it will make Beta factory more secure in hard times... cos i will need a new bike in a couple of years ;)

Tim the internet is a great place to criticise from. Sigh

Good luck with growing the business and supporting Beta to sell more bikes. Your business strategy may be different but hopefully it will make Beta factory more secure in hard times... cos i will need a new bike in a couple of years ;)

Well you won't "need" it but you'll want it. :P

Don't worry Tim, we're not down on you. Those of us who've been long time customers and friends of the Commo clan are stinging a bit though. As a Beta rider since '89 I'm concerned about the GasGas tide that has washed over a traditionally heavy Beta market in New England. It's important to get the dealer network in place and make sure that info is available on the American Beta website. Right now it only shows dealers in four states. That's a big issue that you need to resolve muy pronto. Nothing makes riders more nervous then seeing their long time trusted dealers missing from the distributor's website.

Cope- were did that commit come from ? My mirror is not large enough to support that claim or maybe that's the problem.

First I would like to Thank the Commos for all there help through the years ! I have seen Ron work late into the night to get some ones bike ready for the next morning so they could compete. It sometimes is a thankless and expensive job, travel, carry parts, set up the pit area, support, tear down, pack up and be on the road to support riders at the nationals $$$$. Again Thank you Ron.

On the new importer- set back watch and see what happens good , bad or indifferent. Time will tell.

Hello,

My name is Tim Pilg and I am the owner of American Beta. A couple of my friends called me up and said there were some negative comments in this forum about myself and my company. I would like to clear a few things up.

I am not here to make any enemies nor will I bash anyone else or their business tactics. I have been in the motorcycle business since I was 14. I worked at a small Maico shop in my home town. I had the privilege of working on bikes and learning the mechanical trade. I was introduced to trials in 1982 by a great guy named Bob Miller. Bob had a cool business known as Section One Trial Products. Bob began to teach me

Well you won't "need" it but you'll want it. ;)

Don't worry Tim, we're not down on you. Those of us who've been long time customers and friends of the Commo clan are stinging a bit though. As a Beta rider since '89 I'm concerned about the GasGas tide that has washed over a traditionally heavy Beta market in New England. It's important to get the dealer network in place and make sure that info is available on the American Beta website. Right now it only shows dealers in four states. That's a big issue that you need to resolve muy pronto. Nothing makes riders more nervous then seeing their long time trusted dealers missing from the distributor's website.

Our dealer site has dealers listed in 16 states. Let me know if you show something different so we can fix it!

Tim-

Cope- were did that commit come from ? My mirror is not large enough to support that claim or maybe that's the problem.

First I would like to Thank the Commos for all there help through the years ! I have seen Ron work late into the night to get some ones bike ready for the next morning so they could compete. It sometimes is a thankless and expensive job, travel, carry parts, set up the pit area, support, tear down, pack up and be on the road to support riders at the nationals $$$$. Again Thank you Ron.

On the new importer- set back watch and see what happens good , bad or indifferent. Time will tell.

Actually I was referring to RON, not you, but if the shoe does happen to fit?

Or maybe you referring to Me owning a Beta, do you recall my 2T Alp?

Welcome Tim,

I had seen your screenname in the past and suspected that might be you. I, for one, welcome your openness and do indeed wish you well. Things are what they are and I shall not venture to pass judgement on you or your business.

I did again ck your website today which seemed to be up and working. I must admit that I am still a bit miffed not to find RCS Racing on the list of dealers. And another person, Don Hubbard in the south of Texas, who has been a great supporter of the product and all that goes with it. Justin would have a hard time supporting riders several hundred miles away on a regular basis. This state is too big!

Obvious next question, any top riders on the sponsorship?

All for what it is worth, as best to you as an observer.

Cheers,

MC