Price advice please.

firedfromthecircus

age is nt the issue. take a good look at it and the owner. how much work has it done? is that borne out by its physical condition? allow for replaceing wheel bearings, tyres, plastics, plugs, filters, brake pads, oils. with that knowledge is the asking price offering you value and one that you are willing / able to pay.. for a 5 yr old bike most of the depreciation is gone so bargain hard and you wont lose much no matter how long you own it.

Hi there,

Newbie here wanting to get into trials and looking to buy a bike. There is a tidy looking 2005 SY250 for sale near by so I was wondering if I could tap into the superior knowledge on here to find out what would be a fair price for it. What d'ya reckon?

Cheers.

Is that the one in Bathgate on fleabay ?

That'll be the one.

Bidding has gone crazy since it was mentioned on east coast :P

Wouldn't pay too much more than it is at the mo.

No sure if Paul Ando has got his Scorpa sold yet, worth finding out, was Neil Dawson's old one.

I hear the East Coast is busy....busy with lurkers :rolleyes:

Wouldn't pay too much more than it is at the mo.

No sure if Paul Ando has got his Scorpa sold yet, worth finding out, was Neil Dawson's old one.

I hear the East Coast is busy....busy with lurkers :rolleyes:

Ah come on now. Gimme a chance. Only been registered a couple of days :rolleyes: One day you might just wish I was still a lurker :D

As for the bike, thats about what I was thinking. I am prepared to go a bit higher, but not too much.

If you have any leads on other bikes about similar money I'd be happy to hear them.

Maybe see you at Gifford? B)