Royal Wedding day trial?

pete_scorpa3

Thanks everyone, I think there's enough support for the idea to actually do it. I'll apply for the permit.

Does anyone have a preference to the start time?

10.30am or 2.00pm are the options.

Pete

10.30 is probably better - More time for cocking abou... I mean Serious Practice afterwards.

Thanks everyone, I think there's enough support for the idea to actually do it. I'll apply for the permit.

Does anyone have a preference to the start time?

10.30am or 2.00pm are the options.

Pete

It's a bit of a run for me, but 10:30 is manageable as I would have had to get out of bed at 6am anyway if I was working ;-)

• 2 months later...

Friday 29th April - 10.30 Newmans Quarry near Little Compton - signposted off the A44 between Chipping Norton and Moreton in Marsh.

I will set out two routes plus a seperate conducted route for youth D & E.

If anyone would like an Expert hard route, let me know and I'll stick in an extra hard diversion for you.

Newmans Quarry is an ideal place for a little club trial and even has permanent toilet facilities on site.

I've set the time fairly early so that you should be able to ride and still be finished by lunch time. And not miss the Royal TV action in the afternoon. :rotfl:

Pete

great that most people get the day off and i'm sure that given the chance bill and kate would be chasing foxes than watching anybody elses wedding on the telly. what is a positive is that young people still believe in making a commitment to each other and sharing it with the world. that by a dint of fate one was born to an adulterous relationship yet still aspires to the elusive 'for life' relationship is a real strength .. for king Billy and st george!!

great that most people get the day off and i'm sure that given the chance bill and kate would be chasing foxes than watching anybody elses wedding on the telly. what is a positive is that young people still believe in making a commitment to each other and sharing it with the world. that by a dint of fate one was born to an adulterous relationship yet still aspires to the elusive 'for life' relationship is a real strength .. for king Billy and st george!!

:blink: Have you been drinking?

I'll have a pint of whatever he's on :thumbup::guinness:

• 3 weeks later...

Bank Holiday Friday Trial.

Thirty seven riders entered the Stratford-upon-Avon Club Bank Holiday Friday trial at Newmans Quarry near Moreton-in-Marsh. Even a heavy downpour of rain just prior to the start had little effect on the bone dry course in the disused Cotswold stone Quarry.

Guy Kenyon-Bell easily won the A plus route with 17 marks lost, the only competitor in the class to record clean sheets on the dusty off cambered climbs at both section two and section ten.

The runner up spot was a much closer affair with three riders within one mark of each other. Eveshams Chris Wickham got the nod by virtue of the most cleans from Youth A winner Ben Hayes both on 44 marks lost with Connor Evans giving them a run for their money on his twin shock Montesa just one mark behind.

Kevin Miller won the standard A route with five marks lost from local rider Alan Taylor on eight. Despite being the only rider to record four cleans on the vertical rooted bank of section eight, Tim Wheeler put himself out of contention for the win when he failed the deep loose soil rut that had formed at section three on his final visit.

On the easier B route, CHG club stalwart Sam Wilson cast away a solitary dab to take the honours from Mark Kenyon-Bell who lost four. As with the A route, it was the infamous section eight observed by Lol Worthington, that was to decide the results, where riders needed to be inch perfect to negotiate the narrow rooted ledge alongside a vertical drop. Wilson was the only rider to clean this section on all four visits. Pete Barnett managed to get his Suzuki 400 trail bike round for nine marks with Luis Calado top youth B.

Three riders chose to contest the Conducted route all on Oset electric bikes. Noah Booker needed just five solitary dabs to win the D class. The rider of the day was fast improving Dale Freeman in just his third ever event who took the E class win on 21 marks lost easily beating Jessica Barnett who suffered from too much riding around between the sections and ran out of battery power.

A big thank you to all the hard working club members who helped put on the event, to the observers and especially to Mr Newman the land owner. Also a mention to the Oxford Ixion club who kindly gave us permission to use their venue.

Pictures available soon from www.photoboxgallery.com/mikeyiend

Results.

Bank Holiday Friday Trial 29th April

Stratford-upon-Avon MCC

Newmans Quarry

Report by Pete Barnett

A Plus route.

Winner: Guy Kenyon-Bell (Gas Gas) 17

Runner up: Chris Wickham (Beta) 44

Youth A: Ben Hayes (Gas Gas) 44

Twin Shock: Connor Evans (Montesa) 45

A route.

Winner Kevin Miller (Gas Gas) 5

Runner up: Alan Taylor (Scorpa) 8

Over 40: Martyn Wilmore (Scorpa) 10

Pre-65: Mick Chapman (BSA) 51

B route.

Winner: Sam Wilson (Scorpa) 1

Runner up: Mark Kenyon-Bell (Beta) 4

Trail Bike: Pete Barnett (Suzuki) 9

Youth B: Luis Calado (Gas Gas) 27

C route.

Youth D winner: Noah Booker (Oset) 5

Youth E winner: Dale Freeman (Oset) 21

Runner up: Jessica Barnett (Oset) 96

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

trials2011022.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just like to say thank you to Pete for putting in the effort to organize this trial. A nice laid back atmosphere, good sections and a good start to the weekend. Shame that we don't have a few more 4 day weekends really - I managed 2 days on the bike and still got all the DIY chores done.

:)

Just like to say thank you to Pete for putting in the effort to organize this trial. A nice laid back atmosphere, good sections and a good start to the weekend. Shame that we don't have a few more 4 day weekends really - I managed 2 days on the bike and still got all the DIY chores done.

:)

I'm pleased that you enjoyed it Sam, you had a good ride and even got your picture in the paper... observing at the Sphinx :thumbup: