Oset Batteries Lithium (LiPo) Conversion Directions

betarambo

I asked this on another thread but maybe this is a better one. I want to buy something local and easily replaceable and I found these. It says 20 A max continuous discharge and active BMS sensing. Can I just plug these straight in and go. I have a Genius charger for lithium batteries that I'd probably use instead of the stock charge plug. The site says they're good for electric scooters (similar application I figure).

https://dakotalithium.com/product/dakota-lithium-12v-10ah-battery/?v=3e8d115eb4b3

Thanks,

Sean

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm currently going down this journey and was wondering what Wh or peak discharge current I should be looking at for an Oset 16? It is 36v. I found a Eco-Worthy LiFePO4 12v 10Ah battery that is relatively cheap and has a BMS built into it. Should I look at batteries like this or stick to hobbyking? I'm limited in choice due to being in Australia.

Thanks

Edited by Teddy

• 2 years later...

I don’t know if I’m missing something but I can’t see the original post and instructions referred to in this thread. 

Perhaps the forum software has changed over the decade plus since the post? Some of the images in posts also have been lost.

Long story short, I’m looking for parameters for building a lithium battery for an Oset 16 in South Africa. 

1. LiPo vs LiFePO4.
2. 10S LiPo (two packs in series), 11S LFP or 12S LFP. 
3. LiPo low voltage cutoff mechanism. 
4. LFP BMS discharge current requirement. 

Anything else I’m not thinking of.