Tlm 260rf

stuessenhigh

HIya..

Found a Honda here (minus fuel tank and seat unit) on the frame badge it says TLM 260RF

Cant find any info on the internet of this model.

Can any of you tell me anything about it??

Would it be worth trying to get hold of to restore?

Would I be able to get hold of parts?

Thanks in advance for any help. Its not for sale YET..but I know who owns it...it has been sitting in a shed for about 3 years untouched ;)

Thanks HondaRS

The main thing that confused me is (dont laugh..'cause I'm probably being a right doughnut now!!...((dont know much about engines!)) )

BUT...it LOOKS like it is a two stroke??..and the other TLMs in Hong Kong that I've seen are all four strokes.

Would it be a 2 stroke?.. ;)

if you want to sell it give me a call i need all the parts i can get ,to be honest these things are mint if not complicated (look at my ather add) you have to split the engine to fit crank seals but they are light powerful look great and are rare you would probably be better off keeping it and watch it appreciate in value ;)

Awww man!!!!!!!

Ishy that bike is BEAUTIFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm going nuts. GOt no dosh now, but would love to restore the said bike having seen your pics..

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH.

IF..I can ever afford it, do you reckon I could get parts Ishy??...I would need tank/seat unti to start with, since it doesnt have one. ;)

Coflet...If I cant afford it, and the guy WANTS to sell it, I'll let you know

Postage is cheap from here...could post almost a whole bike for about 200 quid...(in bits!!)

ISHY..did they only make this bike in 1992 or for more years?

Ishy,

Is the middle box chrome of alloy.

I am looking for any info on the later TLm.

Is a workshop manual availiable, sorces of spare parts etc.

Even basic set up date would be useful.

Was it based on another Honda endine MTX?

How did the Pentax vary from the standard.

In short any info would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Ishy,

Is the middle box chrome of alloy.

I am looking for any info on the later TLm.

Is a workshop manual availiable, sorces of spare parts etc.

Even basic set up date would be useful.

Was it based on another Honda endine MTX?

How did the Pentax vary from the standard.

In short any info would be most welcome.

Thanks.

The PENTAX refers to the advertising or sponsorship (as in cameras) I believe, not the model - Mattylad

The Pentax version was $200 more in the USA than the stock version, so I think it would just be cosmetic, retail price in 1992 was $6199, bout price of a modern day two stroke here.

Middle box and silencer alloy, front pipe nickel plated steel, on my bike stock shows matt black, so who knows ?

The TLM first came out with a 240 model that was a bit guttless in the mid eighties, I think the 260 was produced for about two or three years, last model year 92, which makes it probably the latest air cooled mono.

Not as nice to ride as the 89 RTL.

Parts, I do have the full parts and repair manual, and if you need to know a number I will look it up for thi, but I'll be buggered if I'm banner sit and send every bugger round the world copies of pages, if you want my manual the price is $4500 US dollars and comes with the bike attached, plus shipping of course ;)

• 3 weeks later...

'At the Classic Show'

All of the bikes in that picture would look much nicer in a rocky Scottish burn section or traversing a muddy bog.

Few of the bikes there are more than 20 years old & are not yet past their sell by date. I might be sad but I can identify a TLM, 2 RTl250's and possibly 2 Gollner Hondas in the background. All of which would be lovely bikes to ride in club trials!

I can understand the interest in Classic bikes from the 60's and earlier (there are very few classic bikes from the 70's in my opinion!) but bikes from the mid - late 80's - perhaps I am getting old!

Motorbikes are made to be ridden, competition bikes are meant to be used competetively.