2011 Txt 250 Swing Arm Pin

tightwire

I have just taken out the swing arm pin to grease up the linkage. Then put the pin back in. But I can't get the bolt back in the end of the pin? Looks to be just enough out of line so I can't get the thread started. Trying not to damage anything cos it's all ally. Any ideas?

Loosen up the 2 rear skid plate bolts, then remove the lower engine mount bolt. Insert an alignment bar or large screwdriver in the lower engine mount and you then can move the engine around just enough to get the bolt started. :icon_salut: :icon_salut:

• Like 1

Or, make yourself one of these like I did. It threads into the pivot shaft end to push it out or to pull it back in (the length makes it easy to align the end into the inside recess of the frame, which is where you are having trouble.

The short one I carry in the trailer toolbox for emergency use in the field. The long one gets more use and is in the shop.

Jon

post-2532-0-04665600-1341351574_thumb.jpg

post-2532-0-73391100-1341351599_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...

Or, make yourself one of these like I did. It threads into the pivot shaft end to push it out or to pull it back in (the length makes it easy to align the end into the inside recess of the frame, which is where you are having trouble.

The short one I carry in the trailer toolbox for emergency use in the field. The long one gets more use and is in the shop.

Jon

I'm going to buy a bolt to help align my swing arm bolt. I see you made up one. I measured the bolt which inserts into the spindle as m14 but I'm unsure as to the pitch. Is it 1.5 or 2.0 ?

Regards

Gareth