Some Newbie Questions Which Have Come Into My Head..

petecam

Morning

OK some questions if I may? I’m hopefully doing my 1st trial in Feb so wanted to check some things.

1. When in a section does leaning against a tree with my body or bike count as a dab?
  2. Is there normally a fuel area like at an Enduro or can you just go back to your car and fill up when required.
  3. In between sections are you free to stop/get off repair bike/eat/sleep or whatever?
  4. What do you do about food and water, I see trials riders don’t carry a rucksack with their provisions?

Thanks and sorry for what might seem like simple questions!

Pete

you will have plenty of fuel in tank so don't need to top up,but if you do just pop back to car.

yes do what ever between sections,but remember the observer is waiting for you to finnish trial so they can go home,so don't mess about to much.

rub against tree is ok,but if taken the mickey leaning on tree is like a dab.

if you fancy a sarnie or drink pop back to car for couple of mins.

1st trial you will feel a fool having dabs in silly places also falling of for no reason,dont worry 99% of riders will help you,just ask a fellow rider what gear to use and best way through section,they will all help you.

trials riders are very friendly,once you have done 1st lap you will enjoy yourself and get better every lap done.

pick the most easy route when talking to people signing on,then move up when your ready after few trials.

if your last don't worry,we have all been there.

enjoy yourself.

1. When in a section does leaning against a tree with my body or bike count as a dab?
  2. Is there normally a fuel area like at an Enduro or can you just go back to your car and fill up when required.
  3. In between sections are you free to stop/get off repair bike/eat/sleep or whatever?
  4. What do you do about food and water, I see trials riders don’t carry a rucksack with their provisions?

1. depends if the observer notices or would like to count it as one. Don't argue with them. (brushing against usually no dab, leaning against and supporting yourself usually a dab)

2.Generally after every loop I will stop at the "pit area" where the car is, and fill up.

3.yep, do as you like between sections, but remember if you sleep in the trail you will be traction for somebody else. (but yep, observers waiting, so don't be too long)

4. Provisions, again after a loop get some refreshments the same time I fill up the bike. Food- well some bring a little and some bring an entire kitchen's worth (I usually park next to these guys) water?? is that a new type of Beer?

Hope this helps........or at least made you smile