Twinshock Trials Championship

greeves

I thoroughly enjoyed the Congleton Trial and was really looking forward to the next round run by Oxford Ixion on Good Friday, however I had an email today that says -

Hi All,

The Good Friday Trial although it is a Twinshock championship round ALL riders on ANY MACHINE are welcome to come along and ride.

We are running 20 sections 2 laps with 2 routes.

We will be looking for observers and you have a chance to win £100,£50,£25 in the observers draw.

The closing date is this Saturday but you can enter on the day although a phone call to Gordon or Ken would be much appreciated.

Regards

Gordon Faulkner.

I am very disappointed to see the series already accepting modern bikes, I thought the whole idea was to encourage the classic bikes that series like the Normandale had lost due to unsuitable sections necessitated to take marks from over 40/50 riders on modern machinery, those two classes now make up the majority of the entry.

For me the best thing about the Congleton trial was the quality of the entry, not just quantity, by quality I mean the variety of machinery. It was fantistic to see Italjets, Ossa's, Bultacos, Honda RTL's etc...

• Like 6

I'd guess at not enough entries to date?

There is the Exmoor 2 day classic on Easter weekend, Sunday/Monday, a long established event that gets a full house of twinshock and Pre65.. That may have taken entries from this trial, people not wanting to ride on Friday, then having to travel to Exmoor on Saturday

Also, people may be away Easter weekend?

I had planned to ride in this until I realised that it was on Good Friday. Family committments for the Easter weekend have ruled out that plan ;-(

I would imagine this would apply to a few others, as already suggested....

Hi Guy,s

This is the old problem with anything new???

You think I bet we will be overrun with entries for our event ? ( Which they should be at this venue).

But when it gets near to the closing date compromise has to come into place.

This trial is worth a go just for the hill climb section, " Proper old school" and fun to compete in and to watch.

Good Friday? Well it should be , and you have three more days holiday to be with the family.

So get out that twinshock or "Britshock" and give it a go!!! OK.

Regards Charlie.

Easter will always bring reduced entries as there are plenty of other events on and thats without family stuff/work etc.

The organisers simply need to get on with it and not worry about numbers. They did so very well at Mow Cop there is no reason why if they keep up this standard of events that the series will succeed where the Sebac failed/got swamped by over 40 or 50's. Build it and they will come! My entries in!

I must say Alan Wright Gerry Minshall and Peter Salt have done a very good job of promoting this series at very short notice as have ourselves with regs in all the usual places for some weeks now and this is why there is disappointment with early entries......

I am sure the Series is going to be a success...

OK there will be a few moderns floating around at our round but hopefully this will bode well for the number of observers required and with a section draw of 100 50 and 25 quid and an Easter Egg for all section personnel we are hoping for a good day....

Light refreshments will be on hand with overnight camping available for a small charge from the farmer I believe.......

www.oxfordixionmcc.co.uk

• Like 1

Hi Guy,s

This is the old problem with anything new???

You think I bet we will be overrun with entries for our event ? ( Which they should be at this venue).

But when it gets near to the closing date compromise has to come into place.

This trial is worth a go just for the hill climb section, " Proper old school" and fun to compete in and to watch.

Good Friday? Well it should be , and you have three more days holiday to be with the family.

So get out that twinshock or "Britshock" and give it a go!!! OK.

Regards Charlie.

Thanks Charlie......... 32 riders at the minute...We were always going to open to our club members or in fact the results block of riders if we couldn't make fifty.

Easter weekend there is a lot going on Red Marley...Exeter Two Day and abroad as well.

If I am to put twenty sections on with two laps then will need in excess of 80 riders and Al;an and Salty believe this is the way to go to make the Trial viable.

The sections will be for Twinshock machines and not modern bikes in fact they will be taking a back seat at this event and will start the other side of the farm.

I hope people will understand the reasoning for this decision and it won't jeopardize the meeting.

Regards Ken O'Brien Clerk of Course

PS. The reason for opening to moderns is a lack of entries with the closing date looming.

Hi Guy's.
Hi Ken.
Just a thought. I looked at the reg's for the trial earlier in the week. and it looked like you had to have a ACU licence for this event???

I thought this series was run independently , and not connected to the ACU or AMCA ???

This must have put off a few prospective entrants don't you think. especially ,first timers, or guy's that have not got an unto date licence to present.

Is it the fact that you cannot get insurance without this? Perhaps entrants could get a one day licence if this is the case.

Can you let us know. it might help with a few more "Twinshocks" or "Britshocks" come to that.

Regards Charlie.

• Like 1

Hey Javier,

thank's for the pics.Hm, two of the Lady rider?Do i have to keep a eye on you next weekend(ha,ha)anyway we will have a few beers next weekend.Looking forward to it.

Hi Ducman: It is a shame I will miss the 2nd round of the TTC next Friday; aniway as you know it is because I will be with you riding at Aywalle Saturday and Sunday; which in the other hand is something I really look forward to.

On the weekend 5 & 6 July there will be the 3rd and 4th rounds at Buster Lime Pits and Sethern in Dunsford. I want to be there for both trials. Maybe it is a good ocasion for you and some of your friends from Germany to make a trip to the UK and ride a couple of nice 40 section trials !!!

• Like 1