Cotswolds Cups

wallo

I rode in the Cotswolds Cups yesterday the 1st round of the 2014 Sammy Miller Champions, who was there himself on a BSA.

The going was slippery to say the least but a good day out.

Who else was there, are there any pictures?

Brilliant day out,really enjoyed it - AJS went well. Some of the sections were quite tough,but I like mud so was more than happy ! Andy Roberton is absolutely on fire - to finish on a single dab was a cracking ride.

I swapped minders after the Weighbridge group,the second minder was a lot better looking....

Seen any results ?

So i received the email confirming my entry and obviously didnt read it properly.Before setting off Sunday i went online Sammy Miller Championship regs to find out where start was. The Bear Hotel Rodborough it said, i was there for 9am. Lovely hotel but no trials bikes in sight. Tried phoning a few people but couldnt get through to anyone. So that was that home it was. Only myself to blame but do wonder why start was incorrect on acu website.

So i received the email confirming my entry and obviously didnt read it properly.Before setting off Sunday i went online Sammy Miller Championship regs to find out where start was. The Bear Hotel Rodborough it said, i was there for 9am. Lovely hotel but no trials bikes in sight. Tried phoning a few people but couldnt get through to anyone. So that was that home it was. Only myself to blame but do wonder why start was incorrect on acu website.

What a shame... I didn't have anything to do with my entry because my original minder entered and paid for me.Hope you didn't drive too far,seems to me that the whole deal is very lacking in organisation in terms of entries,parking and results.

Twas a good trial though,and the weather held off better than the forecast said.

The entry form did ask for 2 SAE's which when returned did have the new start info. TMX also was updated but not for some reason the ACU site and the trial was hardly mentioned in detail on the Western centre web site! Very odd. The parking field was OK if you had a 4x4 and a winch !!! Still waiting for results. Very slow and for a national event is poor.

Trial was a cracking event though....... Can't wait for next year!

Agree with the comments that the club did a great job with the sections given the slippery conditions, but the club does need to get into the 21st century with its communications!

Didn't help with both Golden Valley Classic and Golden Valley MCC having adverts out for classic trials on the same day in the same area......still confused as to whether this is one or two clubs!