Gas Gas Oil Quantity In Mls Rather Than Measurement

chappo

Hi everyone,

I own a 2013 250 Gas Gas Pro, which appears to be running low and soft at the front end.

I appreciate I am a rather healthy 16 stone in riding kit and that may have an impact, but before I look to deeply into this issue I want to check the basics and replace the fork oil with 7.5 weight.

Wherever I look I always seem to find a measurement from the top of the compressed station to the top of the oil, surely there must be a quantity measurement for this, which would be easier, or am I missing something here.

Also are there any firmer springs on the market for this model , or are spacers available to take a little sag out of the spring..............has anyone else had a similar issue which they have solved.

Many thanks.

Dave.

The basics are you need heavier springs for your weight. Measuring is the correct method. Quantity would only work if the forks were completely disassembled and dry. Good luck and remember you want it to work together front and rear. Also it is possible that you have cranked up the rear shock too tight, causing the front too dip.

Thanks lineaway,

The rear seems ok, i'll have a go at replacing the oil at weekend it cant be that difficult its just a case of getting stuck in, it never seems as difficult once you've started. If that doesn't give it more resistance then ill look at replacing the springs or manufacture a small spacer for the top of the station.

Dave.

if the forks are running 'low' ie front end down or compressed you have a spring issue not oil... oil or no oil forks will be the same height..the oil impacts how they move when compressed/extended but even then the major force is from the springs..