What3Words

timp

I was told about this website and mobile app.

I think it could be very useful for directions in the trials world. Basically it has the world mapped into 10 metre squares and each has a unique name made of 3 names. Eg car.plaster.spade

You give that name and tap it in the app and the location is shown on a map.

It will locate a gate on a country lane where a postcode could be a long way out.

It could even be used to identify exactly where an individual section is located in a wood etc.

• Like 2

That looks great, that would be a real big step towards solving the issues of directing people to venues.

I have been asked how to get to Hawks nest so many times, very difficult to explain -- now you just need to download the app and go to facing.underline.valid

I really like this idea, check it out 

Google maps and most sat nags allow for inputting lat and long coordinates.

Won't require an app and a sat nav will display your lat/long at any given location ie parked by the entrance gate.

Any standard hiking gps will do the same and I'm pretty sure gps phone apps would too.

• Like 1

Thanks timp just downloaded the App even though i have a Tom Tom,and a Garmin sat nav and Co Pilot  on my phone,as you say there is loads of places where post codes are well away from the start of events.and it also works with my Co Pilot,which is great.