Beta Rev 3 Water Pump Casing Corrosion

oldktmdoug

Woo Hoo!  She is a runner, rode her around a bit, let her run and get good and warm.  Not a leak, easy to start, must have done it correctly!  Woo Hoo!  Tomorrow is a day of learning, can't wait to play on her all day.  Man that was a lot of work, but she is worth it.  I think I spent $1200 or so all in for this free motorcycle.

• 4 weeks later...

• 9 months later...

Hi guys.

I'm new to trials and also new to this forum.  Maybe I should do an intro first but just a quickie for now.  I recently picked up a Beta 270 rev3 2007 model and soon found out about this corrosion problem.  Well, 2 months later I decided to inspect the pump, the previous owner mentioned something about the previous owner having checked it but I decided to know for sure.   Immediately I was very surprised at the lack of damage, there really isn't much to speak of apart from some of the paint having come loose which I cleaned up but there's no pitting at all.  Was I just lucky with this purchase??  or possibly the right coolant has been used all along.  

I also managed to get a pic of the piston surface through the plug hole, possibly need to de-coke at some point.  The piston from the exhaust port looks a little scratched too.

Otherwise the impeller is fine which is the main point of discussion.  

Looking forward to chatting and I'm sure I will learn a lot here.

20170131_172627-001.jpg

20170131_184045-001.jpg

20170131_184640-001.jpg

Screenshot_20170202-135940.png

Screenshot_20170202-140033.png

• 2 months later...