Recommend A Machinists To Make One Off Parts.

shedracer

I have some parts I want making for a restoration project, I have found it incredibly difficult to find someone to make them, as most company's don't want the work either because it's not in the100 or 1000's of parts or the quote is ridiculous as they don't really want to do it, or because I'm not VAT registered!!!

Anyway, can anybody recommend a machinist who might be willing to discuss the work and is either in the Oxfordshire, Wiltshire or Berkshire area.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by shedracer

Unfortunately I can't help you with your enquiry. 

Would any other forum members like to post if they feel they have need for a reasonable cost service to make or repair machined or welded parts.

I know several small companies who used to do this type of work but they have now given up on it. I will not go into why here but they are sound economic and business reasons.

A company I used to work for did this type of work (in addition to our main business). The main reason we gave it up was ridiculous customer behaviour and unrealistic expectations.

I appreciate all the responses so far by oni nou, rabie, italianstalion and dadof2. I'm sure it will be of great use to others in their respective locations. So please keep the recommendations coming, hopefully someone might know someone nearer to me.

Thank you.