Hopping The Front

Highly embarrassing, but I can only hop right. I feel like a fish with one flipper cut off. I can basically go in a circle to my right, but when it comes time to go left, I give a few feeble front hops then promptly lose balance.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the pressure I'm putting on the pegs as relates to keeping the rear brake on, but for the life of me I can't see to figure out how to counteract it.

Help!

Edited by heffergm

Not saying I am great at it but for me I found when I pull on the right handle I go right and the left handle I go left. I do some times pull to hard and take a dab or have to pull left to keep from a dab.

Won't claim that's the correct way to do it...

Its natural, and it also happens in other sports. One side feels comfortable and is the first to work out for you, hence you practise that side more often. Practise practise practise. Stop practising fun stif, learn what you cant do yet!

I myself play hockey (on ice) and can only brake excelent towards one side. The problem is during a play you will use that side because you trust it will work out, but I have to practise the other side very hard.

Edited by crazybond700

Johnnyc21.

Were you bicycle trials before motto trials or have you the bicycle to help with the motto?

Do you find the bicycle helps?

I added the bicycle after the fact and yes I feel it has been helping me with my moto-trials.  I will say there is a few things I have found that don't directly relate between the two but they still seem to be helping my blance and control so all and all I am happy I got the bicycle.