199A

bondy

Really like the m159 era air box as they are more substantial than the original plastic ones, I have also seen on a bike

Scot Taco is building for his brother, one of the fiber glass m199 style air boxes & also on a local m199.

Bondy I see that you have a nice LH brake pedal, now you will have better braking.

What is your secret for non bubbling decals?

Have a nice day

Larry

Hello Larry yes that is a brand new L/H rear brake peddle. i also had the brake plate cam sleeved and hub relined. now to the fule was woundering when some 1 would Ask about the decals not bubbling its because on this particular bike i use a fuel with no ethanol in it and can be leaft in the tank up to 5 years its not cheap but i only use it when the bike is in storage to keep it running that way i dontbneed to keep draining the tank. thought that wouldnt be a problem in your partboff the world didnt think your fuel had ethanol in it? bondy.

Bondy

We have at this time easy access to non ethanol fuel , have not used anything but ever.

Still don't  have any luck with decals not coming off after a bit.

Hope you continue to have good luck.

Larry

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have a 198a that I recently purchased to try some twinshock events.

It has a lovely alloy tank that would be criminal to dent when I drop her.

Thinking about buying a plastic one from that well known uk supplier but everyone says the decals will bubble with the ethanol etc.

Is there no way to line these tanks , there seems to be an abundance of products about but would they work I'm sure someone's tried them.

All advice welcome before I put my hand in my pocket.

I'll try and put some photos on.

Dave.

• Like 1

I just read the Caswells Australian web page and it has a warning that the epoxy petrol tank sealer  won`t bond to polyethylene plastic which is what the Bultaco modern fuel tanks are made out of I think. Anyone know for sure what they are made from? Graham.