Cutting out

gassertxt

Hi guys, recently I replaced the piston on my 2006 txt pro, had the barrel honed and new piston put in place. The reason for the change of piston was that I came off the bike and the throttle jammed wide open and then it went dead.

On inspection the piston was KO'd and had welded bits of itself to the barrel. Moving on,, I also replaced the throttle cable too as it was linked.

Since putting it back together I've kicked it over and on second kick it runs sweet as a nut. I've let it idle and give it a wee run round the garden then let it idle a bit more then all of a sudden it just cuts out. 

I pulled the plug out and it's wetter than an otters pocket. I dryed it then put it back in and it goes no bother. 

Since replacing the throttle cable could it be running too rich for some reason? I haven't touched the jets at all. 

Cheers

• 1 month later...

As there is so many wires in amongst the coil I can see how easy it it to get the connection wrong. Starting to think I should have put it into a pro for this now ?, but Ill only learn the hard way. I could really use a wiring diagram of what it "Should" look like if anyone has a one!

Edited by gassertxt