Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

cornishflyer

Sherpa T 250 Conrod sideplay

19 posts in this topic

No, not stepped, just that the rod will then stick out both ends of the cranks webs.

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

I've just heard that around the time that this model came out the con rod was centered from the piston end using the small end spacers (which my bike has).

Perhaps this isn't an issue at all (embarrassed).

Edited by cornishflyer
1 person likes this

On 30/11/2017 at 11:44 PM, cornishflyer said:

I've just heard that around the time that this model came out the con rod was centered from the piston end using the small end spacers (which my bike has).

Perhaps this isn't an issue at all (embarrassed).

Don't even feel embarrassed asking a Bultaco related question on this forum. Simply because they are quirky and had loads of changes which happened during production and parts been later superseded.

Back in the day, I had from new a early red model 199 with fibre glass tank. Which had a duplex primary drive chain, tensioner and corresponding clutch basket, which I thought was standard equipment as this is how it came from the favtory. However, it wasn't until many years later that I found out these components were normally only fitted to the Pursang motocrossers and not the Sherpa's.

Edited by model80
3 people like this

On 27.9.2017 at 3:53 AM, cornishflyer said:

Quick update.

I measured the play in the conrod and sideplay at the top is only 1mm. When pulling on the gudgeon pin I can't feel any play at all so I'm thinking the conrod might be quite new and is OK. 

What I would like to do is get some of the crank pin washers and just get the crank rebuilt. I'm not sure if I can get those without the conrod, or what the measurements/material is?

I also can see on the exploded diagram that there is supposed to be a washer that goes on the end of the kick starter shaft (that fits into the RHS engine case. Mine is missing. Any ideas what that washer thickness is?

Cheers,

Dylan

Hi Dylan, my play at the top is 1,5mm (its a 350, 183) and i can feel very, very little play up and down when totally dry. with 2T oil there is no play. In my Bultaco Book it says the limit is at 2,5mm... I will try to use it.. I think for me, its ok... a few days in the year in classic trials. the washer at the end of kick starter is important, cause kickstart gear and transmission gears can get into contact...and oil can leak out of the kickstart shaft. cheers

1 person likes this