Sign in to follow this  
chappers

TXT 250 Edition 2002

New to trilas and just got myself a TXT 250 Edition 2002 model.  Does anyone know if when ordering parts they are the same as the TXT 250 model ?

txt 250 edition.jpg

1 hour ago, chappers said:

New to trilas and just got myself a TXT 250 Edition 2002 model.  Does anyone know if when ordering parts they are the same as the TXT 250 model ?

txt 250 edition.jpg

If you go to www.GasGas.es clic on 'Motorcycles' then 'manuals' on page 7 of manuals there is a parts book for for the 2001 TXT250 you will have to use that as a reference for parts which should be the same as the 2002 edition ....Unfortunately you have the Hebo 4 pot brake callipers which are ok but not as good as Ajp made ones....if you have a problem with the Hebo callipers eg leaking piston seals   just ditch them and fit a Ajp or Braktec made 4pot callipers .... you will need to put washers between the calliper body and the calliper lugs on the fork itself to obtain the correct spacing.

Hi  Thanks for the info this will come in very handy especially for the brakes.  Just need to get some practice in now.

Edited by chappers

These are good, solid, reliable bikes.  If you loop the bike make sure the rear mudguard is still sealed against the airbox otherwise crud can get where it shouldn't.  GasGasUK used to offer a rubber apron to help overcome this problem.   Enjoy!

thanks I will keep an eye on the mudgaurd as I'm sure to fall off.  Can anyone also please confirm the oil type to use in the gearbox ?  The manual just says 10/40w but does not say what, I assume justt he usual car engine oil.  I ahve also seen some are using ATF.  Only just got the bike yesterday so was wanting to go over it and change all the fluids.

Edited by chappers

There are several threads on Gas Gas gearbox oil,you can spend hours reading them. On the TXT Pro some recommend ATF but there are some makes of clutch plate(DP is one of them) which the friction material will swell on the Diaphragm type clutch it leads to a hard pull clutch. On your bike which is a conventional clutch i would use 75W light gear oil such as Putoline or 5/30W engine oil(not car type but motorcycle specific) Many people also steer clear of fully synthetic oils too. The more i read the more confused i get!

Thanks for the info.  Think I will go with the 75w light gear oil then as I think I already got some of that in the shed