2018 Beta Evo 200 clutch drag

Lefebvre

The glue application is much better now which helps the old cold stick but I still plan to polish the tabs on my new clutch once the succession of blizzards stop here.

I have to say though the stock clutch on my 2018 300 isn’t bad at all. 

Edited by dan williams

• 2 months later...
On 08/03/2018 at 12:03 AM, dan williams said:

The glue application is much better now which helps the old cold stick but I still plan to polish the tabs on my new clutch once the succession of blizzards stop here.

I have to say though the stock clutch on my 2018 300 isn’t bad at all. 

Hi! Dan Williams and everyone,

I will pick up my 2018 Beta Evo 200 next Tuesday in Canada. Dan, I will let you know how it all goes with the washers for the clutch. Would you recommend that I run OEM set up before to appreciate the difference more or just install it right away to make it easier? As I am an old man and beginner in Trial, do you recommend that I install a throttle tamer for a while until I get use to the grip / power of the bike? Thanks a lot Dan for making it easier for me at riding this new Trial adventure and I will keep you inform.

Stock is not a bad bike. The newer clutches are a lot better so plunking around on a stock bike for a while is OK. The 200 is such a sweet motor. You won’t even notice much difference between the stock clutch and the spacers immediately anyway. Where it becomes significant is end of an event after three-four hours on the bike that forearm fatigue makes the clutch finger weak. Then the lighter clutch pull helps.

Get to know the bike first. Get some hours in and then you’ll know what you want to change to suit yourself. Maybe you’ll love it stock.