Bike Not Running Right

wonder boy

right here is my list

1- I have just cleaned out the airbox and carb to make sure there is no dirt of water about.

When i went to start the bike i was riding along and if keeped jumping (every time it ticked over). Also i would not rev out right felt like it was chocking and would not chande gear very well.

2-When the bike is in nutrual when you try to push it is very hard like i fells like it is in gear. But when you pull is backwards it is easy. (why is this).

Gavin

Edited by Wonder Boy

Gavin are you sure you cleaned it properly,

1. make sure you take your airbox of submre it in hot waterGive it a bath) then dry it with your compressor, make sure you get into all the nooks and crany`s.

2. Take your carb apart then spray that lube stuff you put in it then blast in around it way your compressor, make sure you spend time doing this as you tend to rush it, then it should work properly!! if it doesn`t don`t know wots wrong wae it!!!

Cheers

Chris :huh:

p.s r u cummin out nxt weekend at the scrappy??

if u dont fix it 2day ill cum to urs at lunch 2moro

i was riding along and if keeped jumping (every time it ticked over).

2-When the bike is in nutrual when you try to push it is very hard like i fells like it is in gear. But when you pull is backwards it is easy. (why is this).

Gavin

Boy Wonder, what spark plug did you put in it? You must use a resistor type plug. Use Bosch WR8DP or NGK BR 6ES

I am not sure what you mean by:

"i was riding along and if keeped jumping (every time it ticked over)."

If your bike does not roll well while in neutral, the problem is either the brakes, chain or the wheel bearings.

Put your bike up on a stand, take off the chain and try to find out what is preventing the wheels from turning freely.

When you cleaned the carb, did you clean the choke slide?

Martin Belair

US Montesa

yes i have put a spark pulg in with an "r".

"i was riding along and if keeped jumping (every time it ticked over)."

What i mean by the above is when you are riding along the bike i jumping when you have got it in gear every time the pison turnswhen you let the bike tick over.

I also does not rev out ride felts like it is chocking its self ( there is a lot of smoke coming from the exhust).

Gavin

Edited by Wonder Boy

Is it parked against a wall?

i havent laughed so much for ages

seriously WB you sound like you have several problems - what oil ratio do you use ? have you repacked your back box recently?

have you checked that there are no splits in the rubbers either side of the carb? - this would make it hunt, or run-on, when on tickover.

it shouldnt smoke if you have the correct ratio and your backbox is freshly packed - have you had a good blast down a track recently to clean it out and burn off any oil - easier on the road but you wont be able to ride on the road legally and dont say I told you to!!!

what year is it?

you'll need it to rev out if you are goint get up those waterfalls on the hill at Annat :huh:

good luck

Hey overthehill, u bring up some good points, i was talking to gav 2day tryin 2 giv im some help but i good not understand what he meant by "jumpy on the road, and you cant push it in neutral" i told him to blast the carb with compressed air?? dunno if hes done it, :huh:

we were meant to be going to this trial at lagnaha yesterday but sadly it was cancelled, just aswell for gavin!!

Hopefully it`ll be fixed for saturday

p.s overthehill, wots ur name and were do you live??(not stalking u just want 2 know if ive seen you at a trial before)!!!!

Cheers

Chris

Right Boys, Girls and bear bellie men

I was talking to the company i deal with and they say it could be my (stator switch) it may by be that the spark my be weak so could it.

Gavin

No i is not parked against a walk, The rudder bits are fine, and i have give it a good blast opened it right up but still no good.

Edited by Wonder Boy

[/u]Ok i knwo but i'm in the middle of fixing my bike

REV`er stop posting up stupid things my bike it not working ok not your bike so say out of this topic unless you have anything usfull to say!!!!!!!

Anyway back to the bike

I have gone over the carb again and there was a small bit of dirt i missed. The bike is running a bit better now that i have done that.

But the bike does seem to cut out at low revs also when you blip the trottle there is about a second to half a second delay before the power kicks in.

Gavin

the bike starts fine by the way

Haven said it may be the stator switch the spark might be very weak. So do you think it is worth getting some ones stator switch so see if it is.

Edited by Wonder Boy