Beta Stator Problems

frontroomautos

I was thinking of buying a Beta Rev 3 but have been really put off by the stories of electrical and stator problems, I am disapointed that Beta can manurfacture such a seemingly shoddy prioduct cos i really like the look of the bike, can anyone shed some light on this please, Thanks.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a Beta dealer since 1993, and have only had two go in that time - one was caused by other issues and neglect.

However, I had a 2004 Rev3 and had two stators go on that in FIVE trials over a six week period. So I don't think you can blame neglect every time.

Lampkins were brilliant, they changed it both times free of charge.... as you would expect. I don't blame the importers for the problem but so many people had the same thing happen to '04 and '05 250/270's is was past being a joke.

Hi if you are in UK dont worry about it as John Lampkin is brilliant with warranty jobs mine went on my 05 model and the bike was over 12 months old and he still fixed it under warranty, ;) he even changed the jets in carb for me and only charged me for the jets, buy beta you wont regret it

Its a real dilemma, I have heard some things from a number of people and read on internet reviews that the stator and the electrical problems were, as Scorpa3 said, beyond a joke. I knew they had annoying carbureta problems as that seems overwhelmingly agreed across the globe but i can just about accept that thats perhaps just something that ill live and deal with but i am not prepared to spend

I was thinking of buying a Beta Rev 3 but have been really put off by the stories of electrical and stator problems, I am disapointed that Beta can manurfacture such a seemingly shoddy prioduct cos i really like the look of the bike, can anyone shed some light on this please, Thanks.

My 05 Beta 250 is now on its 3rd stator, the first was replaced late 05 with the "new" improved stator with the yellow band. This stator was supposedly manufactured to a new spec or by another company but it failed last week. Mr Lampkin was happy to supply a new one but wanted

I had one go on my 03 Beta, which I didnt even ask Beta UK to replace under warranty since it was the bike I bought back with me from Hong Kong when I returned to England.

HOWEVER, I now have a UK Beta 05 and the stator went on it yesterday, so I am gonna telephone Lampkins now, and will let you know what the response is.

Of course I'm hoping they might replace it for free, but lets see.

With regard to neglect being an issue, I believe that I look after my bikes very well, so I dont think its that which has proved mine to break down.

Well, fair enough I guess :blink: , although it was worth a try eh!

The answer was no, since the bike is a couple of years old. Chap i spoke to was VERY helpfull though, and suggested other things to look for, just in case it isnt the stator, and then, to answer yamahaty250 he said they are 85 quid before VAT if I buy one, which I guess will turn out to be 100 quidish in the end.

SO...in summary, no I cant really afford the 100 quid right now, AND its the second one thats gone on me, but I'll still be buying Beta next time!

Maybe I'm just daft?? :P

Thanks for that info Stu. So tell me; why do these stators keeping packing up? is it due to moisture build up or just complete rubbish componentry. Someone else told me they had electrical problems that didnt just end with the stator but also a duff cdi unit. If Betor has known about this since 2003 or whatever why the hell has nothing been done imediately to resolve it. In addition they have sold a tempremental carb in the shape of a Mikuni for ever too and must have had feedback from dealerships about customer dissatisfaction with both.

If Honda were aware of such a problem you know it would be a thing of the past within a year, because not only do the Japs use high quality components and materials but they leap on a problem as soon as its heard of and thats what i call a good manurfacturer.

Sorry Beta but but bearing in mind what i have heard and seen of your products faults being allowed to just continue i wont be bying one & its a sad thing because i really like the bike but what good is it if its hit and miss that its going to break down not once but in some cases a handful of times.

Looks like the Montesa get my money for delivering high quality reliability.

Thanks for that info Stu. So tell me; why do these stators keeping packing up? is it due to moisture build up or just complete rubbish componentry. Someone else told me they had electrical problems that didnt just end with the stator but also a duff cdi unit. If Betor has known about this since 2003 or whatever why the hell has nothing been done imediately to resolve it. In addition they have sold a tempremental carb in the shape of a Mikuni for ever too and must have had feedback from dealerships about customer dissatisfaction with both.

If Honda were aware of such a problem you know it would be a thing of the past within a year, because not only do the Japs use high quality components and materials but they leap on a problem as soon as its heard of and thats what i call a good manurfacturer.

Sorry Beta but but bearing in mind what i have heard and seen of your products faults being allowed to just continue i wont be bying one & its a sad thing because i really like the bike but what good is it if its hit and miss that its going to break down not once but in some cases a handful of times.

Looks like the Montesa get my money for delivering high quality reliability.

It's a terrible thing to say but I agree with you. I swore by Beta's in the '90's, I had a coule of new Technos and they were brilliant. A return to Beta in '04 and two stator failures put me off.

And to hear that people are still having problems amazes me. How can a fault like this continue from one year to the next... never mind for three years!!!??