Tbm Trials Supplement

neonsurge

Got the new issue of TBM this morning, complete with "YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE" supplement (this is the stuff that they were planning to produce as a seperate mag before TMX suddenly jumped into the market - in fact, editor Si Melber has a dig at TMX in his editorial column.)

Anyway, I haven't read all the way through yet but it certainly seems to be true to the TBM ethos, as promised: "Say what you think and bugger the consequences." Considering the main feature is a 5-bike head to head test using Melber, Mike Rapley and John Sunter as test riders, there's no doubt that at least one of the trials importers isn't going to be happy but in many ways I think that's the right approach. If a magazine has the respect of the public, it doesn't matter what the importers think because they need the magazines more than the magazines need them. And the TBM boys have nothing to lose at this point...

Looking good so far - check it out, but be warned that the mag is 80% trail and enduro so

I thought the edition of TBM that came though the door this morning was very good, a bit to much mx and enduro for me, but the trials bit was excellent. The 5 bike head to head comparison was very informative and none of the 5 bikes got slated, but I thought it was very well written and appeared to be a non bias test. This is sort of test is very usefull for people to help make a choice of what bike to go for as to what level of rider they are and what sort of budget they have. Well done to TBM big thumbs up...