07 Pro Spec?

moulder

I know the 250 has had some tuning tweaks to soften the power a little, although I've not been able to find out exactly what yet. Rider feedback has reported more torque across the gears as well, although again no idea what's been done to cause this. I think the changes were listed on the bike on display at Hawkstone, but I didn't pay enough attention while I was there. I'd be curious to know the exacting details as well if anyone can find them (I've almost given up for now).

gone back to sachs rear shocker

Eh? Are you sure about that? I know the 125 still uses a sachs but the TMX preview has the others listed as still using an Ohlins. Surely they wouldn't downgrade the rear shock?

Something I just remembered is that the CDI has switched from Kokusan to Ducati. I think that's more of a supply decision than anything else though.

Is there a reason for GG to change anything on the Pro's.

Everything is working properly. Yes, it has a delicate gearbox, but it is light and trick.

Going from kokusan to ducati is not an improvement imho.

From ohlins to sachs, well, i leave that for the ohlins riders to answer.

Can somebody say what needs to be done to the pro's, honestly?

• 2 weeks later...

I love a post that gets me doing research!

First off the idea of one piece exhaust system with both mid and rear muffler as one got me thinking that this is a really bad idea.

According to this website

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/web/esp/frame.htm

Click on Despiece Chasis / Motor 2007 (3,6 MB)

Page 26 of this pdf shows that this is not true. Well I dont believe everything that i read.

I cant tell you how many times i have seen a sherco crush a muffler or break a muffler assembly.

I love my gasgas for the ability to repack.

I am buying a pro soon and looking to strengthen the mid muffler which is a known weak point

I heard somewhere that this mid muffler on the 07 was improved.

I work for a large automotive company here in detroit on the technical hotline for dealerships.

we get spanish people calling from mexico and i sat down with my intrupter <<SP??? for about an hour today researching.

We could not confirm any info on the sachs shock. my txt has a sachs and i dont like it.

Part of the pros strong point is the ohlins in my view but maybe gasgas knows something we dont.

I was seriously considering an 07 but theres not a lot of info out there.

I may just opt for a used 06 if much of this is true....

My main question is of weight. There are claims of lighter and ligher weight

but every thing i read from gasgas directly claims 68 kg from 04 on up.....

06 claims 3lbs loss of weight with the front forks..... ooo aluminum!

Wheres the reductoin in kilos??? If i am wrong please correct me.

I am an engineer and I dig specs. Unfortunaltly most specs are in spanish

and in metric.... thats ok I also dig metric.... US is lacking in the metric department.

Thanks!

--Biff

I will wait till I can get into one before anything.