Brake Caliper Bracket

fuzzbee

post-1467-1156773081.jpgHi,

I bent the rear caliper bracket on my '01 Rev3 250, pictured on the left of the attached picture. I ordered a new one, part # 28-94550, and got the one pictured on the right. The new one cannot be made to fit. Does anyone know if I got the wrong part number or if they changed the bracket and the older one is no longer available?

Thanks, Greg

I don't know which year they changed it but one of the things they changed was that the locating peg on the swingarm used to be screwed on but is now welded on so the newer brackets are machined out to sit over the weld.

Another change may be because the 05-onwards Beta's have a Grimeca rear caliper instead of the old AJP ones.

I may be wrong but the 01,02,03 Betas may have the same bracket so I would've thought they'd be quite a readily available part.

Who did you order off because if you're in the UK I would've thought Beta UK will still have them in stock.

I don't know which year they changed it but one of the things they changed was that the locating peg on the swingarm used to be screwed on but is now welded on so the newer brackets are machined out to sit over the weld.

Another change may be because the 05-onwards Beta's have a Grimeca rear caliper instead of the old AJP ones.

I may be wrong but the 01,02,03 Betas may have the same bracket so I would've thought they'd be quite a readily available part.

Who did you order off because if you're in the UK I would've thought Beta UK will still have them in stock.

i think this seems right they now have 2 piston caliper on the back also, to think i have had 7 or 8 betas now and i have never had one of these off

i think this seems right they now have 2 piston caliper on the back also, to think i have had 7 or 8 betas now and i have never had one of these off

some had 4 pot calipers, and also in uk, is yours a 4 pot(piston) or 2 piston caliper. give lampkins a call with your numbers as they will know for sure

I assume that they have sent me the wrong one in error, it was not in a sealed bag with the part number on it. I have the two pot caliper and can see that the bracket they sent fits a slightly larger caliper. Thanks for the replies, now I can at least pretend I know what I am talking about when I call them back.

I assume that they have sent me the wrong one in error, it was not in a sealed bag with the part number on it. I have the two pot caliper and can see that the bracket they sent fits a slightly larger caliper. Thanks for the replies, now I can at least pretend I know what I am talking about when I call them back.

Just point them towards this thread or email the picture you`ve got on here as that will save any more confusion, especially with it being a long old journey for the thing too travel!

If you live in the USA , Why order from BVM?????? We have all parts in stock and the correct ones too..

If you need the correct one contact us..

Beta USA

802 425 2081

or me directly at rcommojr@aol.com or my cell 802-318-0357

Ron

Beta USA

and what are YOU all on about rear calipers... the Rev 3 had the same 4 piston AJP calipers on the rear from 2000 -2004, Beta changed the rear caliper to a two piston in 2005

Edited by Ron

Why order from B.V.M? With the horrific conversion rate, GBP to USD, and the overseas shipping cost, it still cost $20 less than the best price I found in the US. I have purchased other stuff from B.V.M and found them to be very good.

mine and Ralphs chain tensioners bust off within half hour at Wales last week in the stream, lucky we had replacements or it would have been a very short day.

Why?

My chain tensioner disintegrates on a regular basis (for some unknown reason!) and I carry on regardless. The only time it worried me was on a certain Tuesday in 2004, just after a 15 minute lunch break... :rolleyes: