We Wont Have Anywhere To Practic Soon

gasgasssser

I got back int trials riding a about 3 years back.I used to go to a place in near laneshaw bridge,near the herders pub.A superb venue.Some of you will no doubt know it.But alass,it was shut down because some nearby resident wasnt happy(so i`m told).So i start to go to back cowm,it was a tad more expensive,about

the landowner at what was 'the herders inn' was 'put off' by our friends from DEFRA and now only allows the land to be used for two trials a year,

if you ride every weekend at Back Cowm, yes it can add up to a few quid but there is over 100 acres to ride on, and a tenner aint much when you put a least a grand down on a half decent bike and put 20 quid in the van/car to get there and five in the bike to ride

And yes the neighbours of 'addingham moorside' ( which is much nearer Silsden and from which you can't and wouldn't want to see Addingham) chose to live there because its on a very small road to no-where, with outstanding views of Gods own country and its very quiet, so i cant expect that they'd be too happy with trials every couple of months and then the odd van and trailer load of bikes going up and down the lane for lads and lasses practicing

i suspect the only answer is stop practising and start entering, i did when the 'Flappit' started been filled with sand 5 years ago and my riding got better and it cost me less and now my lass also gets to see more of me though i'm not sure if thats a benefit..

Edited by totalshell

Addingham has been threatened a few times but the "resident" who I believe to be a Councilour has had very little success in shutting it down. He could not shut down the venue totally as Yeadon Guiseley use it at least three times a year under the 28 day rule. I get the feeling he better move as the land around is also used for Trials, Emmotts and Rough Holden being two sites very close to Addingham. The Lampkins also use land very close to Addingham so it's not going to die just yet!!!

Basically keep using the practice areas the landowners are happy to let you use and respect the landowner and their land. They are more likely to allow Trials riders on if riders keep the area "tidy" and are civil.

Edited by Telecat

if you ride every weekend at Back Cowm, yes it can add up to a few quid but there is over 100 acres to ride on, and a tenner aint much when you put a least a grand down on a half decent bike and put 20 quid in the van/car to get there and five in the bike to ride

i havnt been to back cowm quarry in aaaaaaages because of the huge price increase and neither have my mates, the only time i will go back cowm quarry is a day when its not too hot and not too cold, the perfect temperature and i will get there for the 9.30 opening and i will go at sun down, i think that this is the only way to get your moneys worth at back cowm, or as you say ride more comps :)

i havnt been to back cowm quarry in aaaaaaages because of the huge price increase and neither have my mates, the only time i will go back cowm quarry is a day when its not too hot and not too cold, the perfect temperature and i will get there for the 9.30 opening and i will go at sun down, i think that this is the only way to get your moneys worth at back cowm, or as you say ride more comps :)

bloody hell mate...at least put it in context. As an ex road rider who's done a couple of track days at