2007 Beta

fordson major

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it looks fantastic, especially since it is a little bit reminiscent of the Lampkin Techno replica, which I always thought was a really good looking bike.

Red has always been my preffered colour on the Betas..The worst one ever I think was 2001

Dont like the black of 06 either, think it looks really messy in no time.

Anyway..there we go...now I wont check this thread in case you all disagree with me!..then I'll feel like I've had the final word :rolleyes::D

And what's the text on the rear mudguard? Looks like "THUNDERFART"....

No I think it reads 'OLDFART' , never knew Beta had done you a personalised bike neon :D

Ooooo Rob dont you think you get enough unwanted points on trials than saying stuff like that lol :rolleyes::o

Now you're in trouble! "Nazi observer from hell" will be keeping a close eye on you both at the next club champ trial... :crying:

RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!

... as myself and Barry are possibly the only 2 people in the trials world that don't have issues with the carb i don't mind the mikuni.

Yeah, what's up with that and have Beta finally sorted it on the 07 models? My last bike leaked fuel and pinked like crazy until I did the mod and installed a larger pilot jet but my 06 has performed flawlessly from day 1 with no mods whatsoever (apart from adjusting the air screw which was wound right in :rolleyes: ) If there's a quality control problem with the units coming from Mukini, surely Beta would either demand that they sort it or put procedures in place to check each carb before they get put on bikes. It wouldn't take much effort to build a test rig and employ some PFY to spend all day QC-ing carbs? I know that some people say that it's not the carbs themselves that are the problem, it's the extreme angle that they're mounted in the bikes but that doesn't explain why some leak and others don't.

We spend a lot of time on here discussing the best way to resolve the problem but no-one seems to know precisely what the fundamental cause is and why it's apparently so random.

Edited by neonsurge

I used to think that trials riders, in particular amongst the sporting fraternity, were appreciative of the things that really matter in a bike but what do we have here?

Comments range from the colour (I look at the rocks, not the bike, when I'm riding) through the stickers (they won't last long anyway) to the fat bars (a fashion item that won't improve anyone's score and the sections aren't exactly littered with broken 7/8 inch bars to indicate a particular weakness). Okay the carb might still need a tweak but we all want something to do to feel we have improved a bike and it's an easy fix, though I concede it shouldn't be necessary in this day and age.

How come nobody but nobody has picked up that this bike incorporates the most significant trials bike design improvement in a decade?

Look more closely at the photo and read the script. You will now be able to ride through something deeper than a dog's drinking bowl without drawing in water and blowing the barrel off its flange. Yes, the air inlet is at long last sensibly positioned, something modern frames could always so easily have allowed with their large section frame members. I seem to recall that Walter Luft's Puch had a similar steering head height inlet in the Sixties but if I'm wrong Big John will no doubt correct me.

I reckon this model only improves Beta's reputation as a bike for the thinking rider who wants practicality as well as perfromance.

I think

Erm 2/4.... I think that the air inlets in the headstock area are just there for aesthetics, they don't actually do anything except allow quick acess to the CDI.

I may be wrong and look an idiot, but all the betas have had air vents there.

Bob

Erm 2/4.... I think that the air inlets in the headstock area are just there for aesthetics, they don't actually do anything except allow quick acess to the CDI.

I may be wrong and look an idiot, but all the betas have had air vents there.

Bob

Spot on :rolleyes:

Look more closely at the photo and read the script. You will now be able to ride through something deeper than a dog's drinking bowl without drawing in water and blowing the barrel off its flange. Yes, the air inlet is at long last sensibly positioned, something modern frames could always so easily have allowed with their large section frame members.

I think

sure if the air inlet was through those vents it would be a disaster to wash. It was a good rant but you spoiled it with that statement

doh.gif

2/4 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ram air on a rev3? on the other points, all most of us want first is a good relaible bike and easy to maintain but still competetive as the Beta is, all the other bits colour scheme, bars etc are just comments on the look of the bike. The rev 3 07 is pretty much the same bike as the very first so there isnt really any major comments to make except on its look. Re the carb, some of them have a mind of there own and are virtually beyond fixing, very poor in my opinion as they have been like this quite sometime now.

Good points Rev 3

Easy to work on

Relaible

Well made to a point(but getting worse)

Plenty of power

Good spares prices (most things)

Bad

Get a contract with Delorto and dump the Mikuni

Tyre way to close to the swing arm

I am still convinced Beta bought a job lot of Mikuni carbs a few years ago, about half a million and need to persevere with them regardless, I bet if they ever bring out a fuel injected bike it will still have the mikuni in there just so they can clear abit of shelf place in the factory

Edited by Betarev3

Sorry chaps no offence intended to anyone, just an old guy's thoughts. I've never seen a Beta with vents there before, only solid plugs. My local dealer tells me the 07 breathes through the inlets at the front of the tank and I have no reason not to believe him. As I said, look more closely at the photo, that area looks very different to the current model and could that black bit below the tank be a flattish tube leading to the air filter?