Ebay Scammer

mackumstevie

Just making members aware of a scammer on ebay who ripped myself and another couple of lads off.

He was selling a load of used Raw Trials Clothing in Sets,ie Shirt,Pants,Jacket,Gloves

We never received goods,he wouldn,t reply to emails and I have had to make a claim through ebay so I will be at least 15 quid out of pocket.

PERSONAL DETAILS REMOVED BY MODERATOR PENDING EVIDENCE OF ALLEGATION

Edited by Andy

This is a serious allegation and potentially libellous. As a new user with only two posts to your name you better have good, justifiable reason for this. I've searched EBay UK for "RAW clothing", "RAW Trials Clothing", "Trials Jacket", "Trials Pants", "Trials Trousers" and just "raw" and found absolutely nothing to back up this allegation. As such, I've edited your orginal post to remove the name of the person until you provide suitable evidence.

Just making members aware of a scammer on ebay who ripped myself and another couple of lads off.

He was selling a load of used Raw Trials Clothing in Sets,ie Shirt,Pants,Jacket,Gloves

We never received goods,he wouldn,t reply to emails and I have had to make a claim through ebay so I will be at least 15 quid out of pocket.

PERSONAL DETAILS REMOVED BY MODERATOR PENDING EVIDENCE OF ALLEGATION

Thanks for the warning.

You could always give us your own Ebay buying name.

There would be no harm in that, if what you say is correct, I'm sure we would find the item from the big red Negative that you'd given the seller by checking your feedback score!

This is a serious allegation and potentially libellous. As a new user with only two posts to your name you better have good, justifiable reason for this. I've searched EBay UK for "RAW clothing", "RAW Trials Clothing", "Trials Jacket", "Trials Pants", "Trials Trousers" and just "raw" and found absolutely nothing to back up this allegation. As such, I've edited your orginal post to remove the name of the person until you provide suitable evidence.

Andy your search on ebay wasnt going to find anything considering the auctions were finished. This guy has since provided proof that his allocations were correct he definetly did the right thing but maybe he should have given more information to begin with. I say well done to him.

What you must understand is if this DID prove to be libellous and I let it stand then I am personally liable (Ref: Godfrey vs Demon - Google for it)

Now I know the facts and see the perpetrator is no longer registered on Ebay (whether that's of his own volition or due to the actions of EBay I dont know) I have no objection to his name being posted here.

Personally, I used EBay once a couple of years ago and was let down on my very first buy so don't trust it, nor will I ever use it again.

Mackum, you ve got to be carefull on Ebay, its a great place to buy and sell but does have some real wrong ones using it. Surprised you bought off the guy in the first place as he must have had either a minus one feedback score or at the best one good sale and one bad. I buy from ebay quite alot and my business sells aprox 60% of its turnover using it, its a great way to buy and sell. Personally I would never buy from a new user or anyone with less than 20 feedback and they must have a 99% feedback score. There are lot of companies coming into ebay as they are realising how good it can be for sales, I recently saw and purchased from Sandifords.

I always take the attitude with Ebay that if something looks too good to be true, it usually will be

I buy and sell quite a lot on eBay, but agree wholeheartedly that you need to be careful.

Do as much homework as you can, look at the feedback, read it all and where you can look at what they have bought and sold in the past.

Listen to your nerves, if they're twitching then walk away.

When buying use Paypal - I've had problems with items not arriving and easily got a full refund from Paypal.

I find eBay really useful for turning unwanted stuff into cash.

We're moving house and all the stuff I would have taken to the skip has just been turned into about

HI

For trials stuff I usually buy from the same two or three or guys which have thousands of feedback rat000ings and are int the majority positive! I have bought a couple of things from them in the past and know they are very trustworthy, plus, one of them ownes a shop or works from home or something 10 minutes away from where I live so if he did ever rip me off on something big then i would pay him a visit! :beer:

Sean :rolleyes:

I think the guy must have bottled when he saw what the items went for.Must admit we were getting a bargain even if they were second hand. But there was no reserve and we won them fair and square.

Maybe he ended up selling them Privately.Anyone bought any gear from a Barnaby Smith of Truro Cornwall?I,ve managed to get his address and I am down that way at the end of the month so I am going to pay him a visit if I am not successful with my claim.Apologies Andy if I caused you any grief