Strange Clutch Issue On 06 300

uhoh7

Was out deep in the backcounrty this afternoon and suddenly my clutch lever travel developed a "stop". At first this was intermitent and the clutch would pull in as normal. But I was sentenced to navigating a rocky nettle filled granite defile without a clutch, hehe.

I'm staring at the plunger which the lever drepresses. It comes out to the stop, but seems to only depress halfway then stop. I have about half to 3/4 clutch. My mineral oil level seems ok.

Air bubble?

Mechanical issue in clutch? No unusal noises.

Problem with the plunger or piston?

ty sirs

100% The 5mm. screw in the center of the clutch has come undone and is jamming the lift petals. put it back with a bit of locktite making sure that the top hat washer is in place first. Do not over tightenas it has a breather hole through its center and also you may need to remove it some time in the future.

100% The 5mm. screw in the center of the clutch has come undone and is jamming the lift petals. put it back with a bit of locktite making sure that the top hat washer is in place first. Do not over tightenas it has a breather hole through its center and also you may need to remove it some time in the future.

Ahhhh I love this place!!!!! Sounds good:

I should just pull the clutch cover off and I will see this screw? Forgive my ignorance---I did manage to replace the base gasket and it still runs, hehe.

Thanks so much bigwig

• 2 weeks later...

Guess I should update on this.

I checked with my inside source, who guessed right away the same as you guys about the bolt. His instructions: remove the bolt and the washer and LEAVE THEM OUT! I nearly dropped the phone. Oh yeah, he said, the clutch ain't going anywhere, and the bolt will loosen again. Done it to many bikes without a problem he reported. So I did. (the bolt had totally unscrewed itself). Clutch seems smoother and the rattle is quieter.

knock on wood

Thnks Uhoh, for the replie.

The rattle is less? Probably because the clutch has come a little to the outside, now not secured by the bolt, and has taken some of the freeplay away, that is normally there.

But is the engagement point still the same, or does it vary a little? That wld be no good.

Edited by gasgas

Thnks Uhoh, for the replie.

The rattle is less? Probably because the clutch has come a little to the outside, now not secured by the bolt, and has taken some of the freeplay away, that is normally there.

But is the engagement point still the same, or does it vary a little? That wld be no good.

Clutch action seems improved, but I am not a trials quality judge. Have not noticed variation, but I will pay more attention