Rear Silencer

doughbouysherco

I was just going to say a mate of mine has the same problem, but its you :lol:

I keep telling you, you're over maintaining it. You've worn it out with that chamois leather.

If you had a proper job you wouldn't have the time. "I wanna be a Baker when I grow up".

;)

my son had the same trouble with the 03 back box very noisy and loud we put it down to water? with the 04 bike we always put a exhaust bung in for washing the bike down and even when we are traveling with the bikes on the trailer as the water spray from our own car as well as other road users gets sucked into the backbox from the endpipe since using the exhaust bungs whilst we are traveling we have had no trouble ;)

I was just going to say a mate of mine has the same problem, but its you  :lol:

I keep telling you, you're over maintaining it. You've worn it out with that chamois leather.

If you had a proper job you wouldn't have the time. "I wanna be a Baker when I grow up".

;)

Gaz, there's nowt wrong with a bit of Chamios....I like to give it a good polishing now and again...and the bike too ;)

Sorted it now buy buying a 125 Scorpa :P do you think the clutch will pull my weight???

You want to knock that expert route into touch and come over and join the us sensible chaps on the yellow route ;) ...I can give you a few lessons for free if you wish :lol:

You want to knock that expert route into touch and come over and join the us sensible chaps on the yellow route ;) ...I can give you a few lessons for free if you wish :lol:

You gave me a few lessons on Sunday. I was gutted on that graded hillclimb when I scraped my wheel through the 2 marker then looped it down the hill, then you came along on a TY and shot up towards the 1 marker. ;)

Still not sure about these 125's. Not had a go of one yet. It wouldn't have pulled me up that hill in 4th gear anyway. Mind you neither did my Sherco, but that was my fault. It was still gripping, I just forgot to keep the handlebars at the top and wheels at the bottom ;)

I've got a good few years before I hit 40. It'll come quick enough :lol:

I collect the Scorpa Saturday afternoon :D

I'll probably bring it to your Mountain trial, you can be the first one to have a go on her mate ;)

You want to have a go on me old TY as well, it'll be a real culture shock after your 290 Sherco :)

Catcha later

Check to see it's not split, my 01 250 did just that right along it's top seam!, had to have it alloy welded.

I had exactly the same problem with an 01 250, had the same sound as your describing i think!?!?!? :D

Jus left it as it was! :D

Because it sounded sweet!! :);):o

Miles

I've heard it, sounds like there's no silencer on it. The problem is, the bike is going to be doing the Nationals. There's very little chance of it passing the noise meter if they turn up with one (not unheard of).

Pretty bad for a 4-5 month old bike.

Anyone know what happens if it fails noise meter. Immediate disqualification I should imagine?

I'd be giving Rathmell a call I think. Going to be bloody annoying going to Kent for nothing. Just shouldn't be like that on a nearly new bike.

That was the thing that they seemed to be hot on when I used to ride national / rode trials...the noise levels....

Not sure how you stand taking the silencer back to the importer, something to do with it being "for competion use"..wouldn't hurt to try though.

mark

If you are really dissatisfied with the silencer why don't you discuss the situation with your dealer / importer? I am confident that a situation like you have would be resolved here in the US by the importer. I would think that your importer would want to keep you happy. If the silencer is going to disqualify your son from an event I would think that they would want to resolve it to your satisfaction.

Wayne

If you are really dissatisfied with the silencer why don't  you discuss the situation with your dealer / importer? I am confident that a situation like you have would be resolved here in the US by the importer. I would think that your importer would want to keep you happy. If the silencer is going to disqualify your son from an event I would think that they would want to resolve it to your satisfaction.

Wayne

Yep, just spoke to Importer a couple of days ago. Items such as Barrel, piston, silencer are not covered by manufacturers warranty after first month.

Under special circumstances within the first 6 months these items will be swapped out at 'cost'.

It's being burnt out this week, which apparently cures around 98% of these problems. Will let you know how it goes.