French Trials

bigplonker

Moved to France about a year ago and have been trying to find out if there are any twinshock trials in my area (Limousin).

Have so far discovered the '3 Days of the Indre' and '4 Days of the Creuse' trials which, apparently, cater for twinshocks. BUT... I still haven't discovered anything about a rumoured twinshock trials championship series. Anyone know if such a series exists?

Also, any info about joining a French trials club would be much appreciated. Have heard of a 'St. Christophe Moto Club' which is apparently near Gueret and, so I've heard, caters for twinshock trials.

Apparently Charles Coutard's dad is the man who could probably provide all the answers. Anyone know how to contact him?

Would be grateful for any info.

"Merci beaucoup", as they say around here.

Where exactly are you based in france? you speak of atc st christophe and gueret so i guess you are around this area! And to be honest there isnt too much 'non stop type courses that i have seen, the randoneurs course at the 4 day would kill your lovely old bike! the zones are very hard etc

but the best way to do it would be to wait for a club meet and ask about it there (when we finally have one!!!)

Thanks very much to everyone for all the advice, as a result of which I've been feverishly searching suggested sites (and more) for helpful info. Also, have tracked down and bought a copy of 'Trial' magazine. Now need to improve my French to understand it, but I think I'm getting the gist.

Incidentally, I live near Felletin in the Creuse region so will try and pluck up the courage to phone the chap at the St Christophe club (my French on the phone is a complete embarrassment) and enquire about joining, or attending the next meeting, whenever and wherever that is. Also, just as soon as I get time (there's always a million things stopping me!), I will reply to the very helpful people who have kindly sent me informative emails. Apologies for not doing so immediately.

Meanwhile, I shall continue on my steep learning curve.

Thanks again.

erm you can phone the woman that i ride with who is a member of the club, and the fact that she is an english teacher helps :beer: pm me if you want her number :wacko:

YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE! i'm gonna get a subscription i think :beer: awesome mag especially seeing as i ride moto and mtb trials!

There is also a club meeting october the 6th at 9pm at the comunity center at st christophe if you would like to come along and meet a few people :guinness: