Transmission Oil

johnnyboxer

Montesa 315R

On my new bike...........a couple of questions.......???

a) Do I change it after 'running in' for the 1st time.........OR after 3 rides as the comprehensive HRC manual suggests...........I would prefer to change after initial running in..........just to be on safe side...

b)Elf HTX 740 is recommended in manual and dealer... BVM............recommended it as the correct oil and the best/only oil to avoid potential 'clutch drag'

c) Any other oil that's just as good...........(because it's bloody expensive for tansmission oil @

Edited by Johnnyboxer

Sandifords advised me to use Silkolene SRG75, that i replace every seven outings (ie, Trial meetings or practice sessions).

Also the Montesa/HRC clutch packs are terrible, so once it starts to drag and/or squeal replace with "Haven's" (also known as "Sureflex") pack.

Gaff.

Sandifords advised me to use Silkolene SRG75, that i replace every seven outings (ie, Trial meetings or practice sessions).

Also the Montesa/HRC clutch packs are terrible, so once it starts to drag and/or squeal replace with "Haven's" (also known as "Sureflex") pack.

Gaff.

thats the oil i uesed in my 98 bike, had to have new clutch as post above yours with elf 2000 still on original clutch ..no drag .......no squeal