'06 Scorpa What Oil's

coldcake

I used PJ1 siver fire two stroke in mine at 65:1 and silkolene light gear oil in the gearbox. No problems with either. Scorpas are pretty bullet proof really just loctite the sprocket bolts, not much else comes loose. Its worth turning the HT coil upside down so that the plug lead runs up the frame tube rather than round the barrel (you'll need to extend the other lead with a connection ) , also zip tie the clutch hose so that its not touching the barrel. both of these mods are just to stop the barrel cooking the lead / hose when it gets relly hot. Apart from that clean the filter and carb every week as its easier to do in the garage than on a windy hillside and everything else should be fine.

I use silkolene light gear oil and ipone synthetic 2 stroke at 50:1. It seems to run fine. But it depends on what oil u prefer. I put a flap of rubber along the top of the air box which helped in wet and muddy trials like shown in the picture. Also silicon between the airbox and the exhaust. Check the bolts on ure mud gard are tight because they have a tendency to cume loose. Also clean the carb and air filter frequently. Hope this is of help.

post-2642-1160214826.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 years later...

Hi

If you are new to Scorpa, here you have some info. The Scorpa SY250 has a clutch that may stick. The engine oil will make a difference, some oils will lessen/eliminate the problem, other oils will not.

I got my scorpa sy only a few months back so I am not an expert. But FWIW I had a bad problem with the clutch. It would not only stick when I started the ride but even after having the engine off for only a few minutes the clutch would stick again.

I don

Hi Lads

I use Belray gear saver 75 in the gear box 600ml

and motul 2T 800 Factory line for premix 70 -1

wd40 all over the bike and chain ( not the discs )

mothers plastic protector ( smells like flowers ) on the plastics

nulon disc clean on the discs

and tyre shine silicone spray on the tyres ( usually helps mud stain and cow crap wash off easier )

loctite stud lock on the sprocket bolts

and plenty of water proof grease on the handle bar single bolt clamps if you have that style ( I think the 06's ad the two bolt ones )

also check the the exhaust flandge on the motor dosnt leak if it does stick some copper grease on it and refit

also helps to get rid of the standard air filter and stick in a jitsie one

get rid of the standard chain and put a DID gold racing chain on there 520 light duty ( forget the part number )

also invest in a carbon exhaust pipe protector and on the silencer well worth the money

I also run a BKR6EIX eridium plug they work great, if you can get them trade price its worth it

and one last one if you can afford it put some apico leavers on and stick the ajp ones in the tool box

sorry for all the dribble just things that I did and have been helpful although I ride my bike nearly every weekend of the year so it gets some use

cheers