Restoration Projects?

hop blip and a jump

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice job, lovely looking bike complete with period cow-horn bars... One of those was my first proper trials bike and I have one in the shed waiting to be rebuilt like that - one day...

Woody how many bikes do you have,

it sounds like you have the bug as bad as Big john

vinnied :angry::D

Well it's fair to say that I do love and live for my off-roading so I've gathered a few over the years, but all cheap knackers on the whole which I will rebuild bit by bit as time and funds permit. I'm not into the concours thing, I'd like to rebuild them to good condition but ultimately want to ride them all at some stage, in different and suitable events, therefore they have to be 'riders' rather than 'lookers' so I'm not fussed about 100% originality. As time marches on I get more enjoyment out of riding the twinshocks than modern stuff so the 4RT will be going due to lack of use. I'll ride twinshock in most events, couldn't care less whether they have a twinshock class in them or not, but have my old TYZ if a modern bike is ever required. I'm also rebuilding a Birkett NBT framed TYZ that I bought and rode in the SSDT this year but unfortunately blew it up... but it had had a few years hard work before I got it.

The 70s was my favoutire era for trials but I could neither afford a new bike back then or get to ride in many events at all. My favourite bikes are from that era which is why I enjoy riding them now and my aim is to have some nice examples of each, mainly the Spanish 'big 3' to ride as often as possible. Although I like my Majesty, I need to get the Ossa rebuilt for next years ACU Classic as I miss riding it.

I'm currently messing with a Seeley which has a RS/RTL 250 motor like the 'works' bikes and as soon as that is finished I can get back to the imprtant one - the Ossa

Is Poweroll (the stroker kit co.) still in operation ?

have a look at the TL125 page, you'll find lots of links

http://www.kaila.net/tl125/

including for Powroll;

Powroll

their big bore kits are probably a little more solid than the Sammy Miller ones....

Also, have a look at this months (November 2006) Classic Motorcycle Mechanics and their finished TL125 will the Miller frame, as ridden at the Kendal classic weekend

Woody get your teeth into that OSSA! you know it makes sense!!!

i like your ideals on doing the bikes up to use and not concours!!! im doing up x2 ossa mar's ones going to be near show quality and the other nice but to use! :D

just wish i had more time (dont we all ) what with doing 65-70 hrs a week plus having my kids every other weekend plus a new baby on the way, times AND money's at a prenium!!!!

oh well ? :angry::D

This my current project, was going to be for this years Talmag!! looks like it won't be ready for next years!

It is an early and very original C15T, still has the 20" front wheel, standard rests, steel tank (not the one shown) and exhaust on the outside of the frame.

Alas most if these will have to go if it is to be remotely useable now, together with cutting down the rear subframe, now I have put sensible length shocks on.

These will be the only obvious mods, and once done should be a staight foward resto (famous last words!) as the engine seems OK bar a rebore and everything else seems to just need cosmetics.

The second owner was Vic Eastwood who has confirmed his dad bought it for him.

post-1273-1162111013.jpg

ossa mar - no problems,all engine parts are available from keith lynas in san diego,big ends and pistons

are better quality than originals,petrol tanks and mudguards from sammy.motoplat ignitions can be re- worked to give better output than when new. these bikes are great fun to ride and can still be competitive,

selling mine was a big mistake!!! much better than a gripper.

Nice bikes. The Mont is especially stunning but I agree the Ossa is the better bike.

Penny's just dropped as to who you might be - if so, have you got any pictures of the 305 copy Honda you did some work on (belonging to ??? Nixon?) that you could post. It appeared in CCN with the Ossa and Mont if memory serves.