Restoration Projects?

hop blip and a jump

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the welcome.

Not had chance to use it yet, and I don't know if I can bring myself to get it dusty!!! It still needs a clutch cable and a chain/chainguard, then Ill maybe go for a potter. In the meantime I have been getting out on my 2000 Rev 3, which is much easier.

I have also been sprucing up my son's TY80, so it's not been 3 years of me, me, me :

http://img482.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1sb2.jpg

Unfortunately the Beta and the TY80 have got to go, so I've just put them on Ebay. It seems the lad is more interested in field bikes (yawn) and we are low on places to ride (S. Yorks). However, under no circumstances will I be selling the Fantic and I have managed to find some more brand new parts (engine casing etc). It's probably cost me more than my car already.

Now, where can I find a chainguard............................

Thanks again,

Dave O

• 2 weeks later...

all it needs now is the stickers to be applied and when dad gives me the money some falcons (if they make them for this bike??)

Falcon do most standard lengths so you should be able to get some, give em a call they are very helpful

And so my Sherpa actually runs, spent some time in the garage fitting all the extra bits (exhaust, carb, throttle, tank) and fired up on the 3rd good kick! Now down to all the niggly things but should be done soon.

I have been looking through some old pics and have found this of my old MAR

hope you like it.

Twinshockdude

Now call em an old cycnic but something don't ring true about this 'old' photo... The pic looks as if it's digital and not a scanned image, so not that old!

Surely if it's a period photo you wouldn't have had the front no. plate held on by plastic cable ties, polishing hubs was also not common practice in the '70's, and the stripes are wrong for a markII MAR, though as it has a flanged rear rim it could be a very early one, though as always I stand to be corrected!

Mick

• 3 weeks later...