Restoration Projects?

hop blip and a jump

guess again woody!,talking of bikes featured in mags my pre 65 sprite was in

one a couple of years ago.

Hmmm, Mont and Ossa, Sprite, Majesty, SWM all pointed towards someone with more than a passing interest in Peak Classic club?

One day I might get one of my bikes finished and put a photo on here too. Seeley may be done soon, just need to get the bashplate made, check it runs and rides ok, then strip and repaint it.

Sprite looks very nice by the way.

Edited by Woody

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought so, it was seeing the Mont and Ossa pics when the penny dropped.

Both Miller and Classic are enjoyable series with the Classic being the more serious of the two, definitely worth the effort to try and ride some. Miller sections are (supposed to be) intended more for the generally standard or lightly modified Brit bikes so a later twinshock will make light work of them. Ideal on a lightly modified pre65 or early 70s standard twinshock. Haven't ridden many of them but those I have are enjoyable and although the sections are generally of an easier nature, whatever you're riding the events offer a good ride around the countryside and are very enjoyable.

Classic can still be done on a standard 70s twinshock as there is nothing suicidal but the sections are technically harder than the Miller rounds so a more competitive bike always helps. One of the rounds was won on a TY175/200 though this year.

Don't forget the Classic Experts next Saturday (11th) either. Also a good event with quite a few testing sections on the hard route.

Oh yes, nearly forgot, do have any pictures of that 305 Honda copy that someone (sure it was Nixon) was riding in some Peak events a couple of years ago?

OK, thanks for that. Only reason I ask is that one day, when everything else is out of the way, I'd like to have a go at building one myself (with more than a bit of help from a couple of mates who are better at that sort of thing than me) and was interested to see what he'd done. Only caught a passing glimpse of it at a trial once.

Nice SWM too. Got any picutures to post of your old yellow Gripper restoration. That was a stunner as well if I remember.

Glad about that Chris i like nosing over your bikes it gives me encouragement. One day. One day. then i get it mucky :)

See ya at youlgrave then assuming i dont get lost trying to find it :beer:

Theyve had two foot of snow in Arizona :)

Unfortunately not in the Alps :thumbup:

One other thing what gearing do you have on the Sprite as i have to get some sprockets for the James and want to at least start there or thereabouts.

Edited by Old trials fanatic