4rt 280 Or 260

protruck

4RT 260 or 280

Hi All

I have a 06 4RT

Fancy a bit more power, Currently have PTB from Sandyfords but that can only take you so far. Need more cubes.

The Options are:-

(Figures taken from Mitani web site)

260 Kit Barrel and piston, twin map PTB, comes with sports cam.

149000Yen or

Edited by Protruck

I love this Forum, nearly 24 Hrs now and no real information posted. :thumbup:

Baldilocks, helpful as usual! :P Ask FugiScott if he has finished with my spare wheel. I need it back 4 the Lake 2 day at weekend. :thumbup:

My questions need answers Spud, not more questions. Comments like ,

I love this Forum, nearly 24 Hrs now and no real information posted. :thumbup:

Baldilocks, helpful as usual! :P Ask FugiScott if he has finished with my spare wheel. I need it back 4 the Lake 2 day at weekend. :thumbup:

My questions need answers Spud, not more questions. Comments like ,”Cant see the Point” are not really helpful.

Can anyone help me or am I just wasting my time?

In defence of this forum, i think this question or similar has been asked before and didnt get much of a response then either, maybe no-one has the bits in question so rather than blather on about something they know nowt about, they would rather say nowt!!

Edited by lastplacebrad

Fancy a bit more power, Currently have PTB from Sandyfords but that can only take you so far. Need more cubes.

To be honest, it looks like you've answered your own question. You already have a PTB so the 260 kit is only duplicating what you already have, give or take 10 cc's and a sport's cam. So, as there is no real substitute for cubes the 280 seems the way to go! Should go well with your PTB.

As I haven't tried either, this is an opinion based on the info you've provided ie prices and details.

Let us know what you decide.

Edited by Hughesy

:thumbup: oh alright then I'll play your game Mr Serious

Never owned a fourstroke let alone a 4rt but is it easier to tune up a 260 or de tune a 280 ? based on two strokes I would think it would be easier to calm down the 280 if it was too much for you. If you buy the 260 and its not enough you then have to buy the 280 anyway.

there it is , a serious response .

how about saving the money and grafting the 500cc kit onto it from your dads AJ ? oops I'm off again....... :P