Bradford Brit Round

Guest Scottie

Guest Scottie

Any pics or video from yesterday's round. High scores - looks as though it was very difficult?

Scottie

Edited by Scottie

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look on the ACU's website, I believe Andy may be away at the moment.

Follow the link to trials results/news.

A good few riders hung about so much on the 1st lap

they asked for 5s on the final lap to avoid time penalties.

time was far to tight, overall and also in the sections, normally 12 sections 3laps but was 14 3laps so time was far to tight, took the enjoyment away.its suppose to be trials not enduro, ruined a good trial. but you cant please everyone.

Guest Scottie

I have the results here and I did not realise there were 14 sections. If I knew how to paste onto page I would but not IT literate yet. The sections on the score sheet are numbered 1234 then there are two sections without a number then they carry on up to section 12! Every rider in the championship class bar Graham. scores worsened each 2nd and 3rd lap. Gary has just arrived home and tells me you can have 15 sections per lap. One of the championship riders at Bradford had a maximum 70 on his last lap.

Edited by Scottie

Guest Scottie

Two years ago at our BC the first rider in after lap 1 was 3hrs 40mins. Most riders in on time and a few had time penalties, but section 1 and either section 8 most of the champioship riders sat for an hour contemplating the section.

Edited by Scottie

it took the championship riders over 4 hours to reach section 12 on the first lap so if they were short of time, they can only blame themselves for messing about,

as far as im concerned some riders in all class's spoilt a very good trial in asking for 5's all because they took far too long on there first lap, im very glad that the weather was good as we spent from 9.30 until after 5.00pm stood out at the sections waiting for them to finish

Guest Scottie

The championship riders do spend a lot of time on each section on the first lap and they know that the time limit is 5 1/2 hrs. This year we really didn't have any problems because the first riders were back within the three hrs. I think it was because of all the racing around trying to get in on time last year and this year we changed quite a few of the sections to suit the new fim rule. We would always stick to the twelve simply because of the involvement of observers and other officials as it can difficult sometimes getting all the help you need for a BC round.

.... but section 1 and either section 8 most of the champioship riders sat for an hour contemplating the section.

Thats when the observer should use the rules under his/her power to ask a rider to attempt the section. It would sort that problem straight away IMHO.

the time was far too tight.I think that the club actually did too good a job with the trial and each section had about 10 hazards in it!I think it was probably a bit hard as when Dan Thorpe only dropped 6 in the Travers the week before and dropped 59 it was a bit too tough!I cant remember the last time Dan dropped 59 in a trial!Sam Haslam deserves full credit because I dont know how he got the bugger round for 35!stunning ride!The practise lap was ok as it was and then a fair few sections were tightened up which I didnt think was necessary,I know its a champ round but it was too hard for the majority of riders on the expert route.