Bradford Brit Round

Guest Scottie

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ther's no Expert class results on the Bradford Website and the ACU website has only the final Championship standings. It's now Tuesday night and in the age of technology why are we having to wait so long for comprehensive accurate results?

There's no Expert class results on the Bradford Website and the ACU website has only the final Championship standings. It's now Tuesday night and in the age of technology why are we having to wait so long for comprehensive accurate results?

It's now Tuesday night and in the age of technology why are we having to wait so long for comprehensive accurate results?

Because I am busy and have more important things to do like send the results out to the actual competitors and the people who assisted on the day. Moaning sods like you can wait.

They are now on the clubs site. A slip pf the index finger linked it to the wrong document

Ther's no Expert class results on the Bradford Website and the ACU website has only the final Championship standings. It's now Tuesday night and in the age of technology why are we having to wait so long for comprehensive accurate results?

There's no Expert class results on the Bradford Website and the ACU website has only the final Championship standings. It's now Tuesday night and in the age of technology why are we having to wait so long for comprehensive accurate results?

You can always go along and compile them yourself if you want them so bad! No ones being paid to do them remember

I asked a civil question, I was not moaning and I am not surprised you don't get help from anyone if that is the way you speak to people.

I don't know what your other responsibilities are and perhaps if you'd explained how busy you are in a more pleasant manner you would probably have had offers of help by now.

The feelings I have for you now can't be put in words, well they could but I'm too polite to vent them in public. I'm deeply offended at being called a moaning sod and anyone who knows me would be shocked and surprised to here me described that way.

time was far to tight, overall and also in the sections, normally 12 sections 3laps but was 14 3laps so time was far to tight, took the enjoyment away.its suppose to be trials not enduro, ruined a good trial. but you cant please everyone.

An extra 3 sections means an extra 13.5 minutes riding time.

Riders had 5 1/2 hrs it was well dark when the organisers had finished,

then had to get something to eat

before setting off for home Monday!

How much longer do you want.

It took over 1 hour to do 3 sections (easy ones)

To me its time the riders found top gear!

If there was 10 sections in a trial the riders always take their time.

RENNIE,

in reply to your post, some of us including BDMC did not get home until late Monday AM.

Then had to go to work after having 8 days of setting the trial out in terrible weather.

Good job we use our holiday entitlement eh!

Even I who have my own business can only spend so many days off related to trials.

We have families/wives etc. (my wife hates trials)

Return home again LATE Monday pm, and guess what.

I WAS GOOSED.

Please feel free to take part in the organisation in 2007,

your input will be MOST welcome.

It may well give you an insight into REALITY.

But it seems you have never made a mistake have you. :thumbup::P:thumbup:

Stuart Cameron

Bradford & Dist MC Sec.

It's now Tuesday night and in the age of technology why are we having to wait so long for comprehensive accurate results?

Just another thought:

No wonder clubs struggle to get people to help out voluntarily

when there are wingers like you.

... could this be the first time in many years that the results appear in the T&MX before they appear here... :thumbup:

I think the problem is that we have become so used to having the results and pictures within a few hours of the end of an event that this seems weird not to have them 3 days later.... not exactly life and death though is it.. we will survive!!

That's because I'm currently sat outside a hotel in Barcelona enjoying my morning coffee :P There are not one, but three sets of full results sitting in my Inbox, but real life job is permitted to take priority every now and then.

ha ha, nicework, for stuart and bdmc i think you guys and the whole club did a great job with the trial, i set out for my club and its very difficult to please every one, the only thing i felt was the time was to tight, which ruined it for me, as i didnt hang around at all, and got time, apart from that it was a excellent trial.

some of the expert riders where nearly finishing there second lap before we even saw any championship riders at the last few sections on there first lap, So some riders got on with the trial while quite a few hung around way to long. the actaul riding time in all sections is under 70 mins and they were given 5hrs 30 mins to complete the trial, :P

dont you think that is more than enough time to get round as it wasnt a big lap with massive distance's between sections

i you dont want time penalties get a move on in future and it would be a better trial if the riders actaully attempted the sections instead of asking for loads of 5's just because they had wasted time earlier in the trial :thumbup::D:D

and all you lot complaining about the time it took to get the results done :thumbup: just remember that stuart and all the other people involved from bradford club and various other clubs have a life too and they spent a hell of a lot of time up at skyrakes setting this trial out and without these dedicated people who give up there own time for free and the love of the sport there woudnt be any trials

and all you lot complaining about the time it took to get the results done :thumbup: just remember that stuart and all the other people involved from bradford club and various other clubs have a life too and they spent a hell of a lot of time up at skyrakes setting this trial out and without these dedicated people who give up there own time for free and the love of the sport there woudnt be any trials

Couldn't agree more.. but it's extremely disappointing that you even had to point this out. :P

yeah did a good job we the sections, and alot of effort put in, people shouldnt pester about the results, still think time should have been extended, but as you say they told us the limit before we started so were only to blame, all i was saying was that in the other events it was the same time for only 12sections.

Well done to Stewart and co. for what we thought was a great trial which was slightly marred by the shortage of time. We felt that all was about normal apart from getting up behind the very slow Championship riders at the end of our second lap. This caused a back up of queues for the middle order riders on the expert route. The solution is to have a first lap time allowance as in the world rounds where riders in the support classes can use the top route boys as a clock and we don't need ever to try to pass them. We ended up having 35 mins to do the last lap with up to 6 riders waiting at each section and could do nothing despite not having wasted any time early on. Sam was at the back of the expert group and we think the queues must have subsided by the time he got into his last lap. Despite all this very well done to all at Bradford and also to Sam for a great ride and sewing up the Expert Championship for GGUK yet again.

As Stuart has stated earlier a lot of unpaid time by 4 members of the Club to mark the sections out the 7 days prior to the trial. The 4 club members were on site at 10:00am every morning and leaving to travell home around about 5:00pm. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday most of the day was horizontal rain with winds upto 50mph. They then travelled home (on average a 85mile round trip)

The Friday was a little better until late PM when again it rained and the winds reachd 70mph during the night. On the Saturday morning the sections on the Gragrave side of the hill had to be re-flagged due to flags/tape etc being destroyed.

A hell of a lot of hard work. (this was on top of the weekends prior to the trial striming sections and pathways out)

All was finished by about 3:00pm on the Saturday just in time for the practice lap. 5:30 Stuart and his team listened to the riders observations and his team went and re-postioned a couple of flags on some sections. They completed the modifications by about 6:00pm.

The above is not a moan but a reality check for some of you who think the flags etc plant themselves. Our Club along with 6 others across the country have worked hard to put on a Championship worthy of calling the overall winner '2007 British Solo Trials Champion'.

Why do we do it?? because we love the sport.

Yes, the rushing around on the final part of the trial did result in higher scores than the Bradford team anticiapated. The high scores did make the trial look a lot more difficult than is was.

No complaints on Saturday practice about the time for the folowing day when they were informed there was 14 sections . No one asked for an increase in the time limit on the Sunday morning prior to the trial starting.

It only needed a spoksman.

Maybe the 2007 series there should be a time limit on the 1st lap, say 50% of the overall time.

Yes in this modern age the results were slow being broadcast but we were knackered.

good post bdmc, i have no come back to that as you answered all the right questions, Thanks to the bradford club for there efforts, and i think to introduce a time limit for the first lap would be a good idea. well done sam haslem, rode good and consistant all year, and rode like a minta on the 1st 2 laps, a lap a 6 was very impressive, see how he goes with the big boys next year.