Dougie Pumpkin

leggins

come ooooooooooon.

looking forward to it boys. lets all wear a carnation in our number board and carry a copy of the times so we recognise each other :hyper::hyper: at least you know you wont be coming in last :hyper:

leigh did you ride the last trial at dovecliff ? if so was it you who broke down ( not sobbing uncontrolably, i mean the bike ) at section 10 or am i thinking of someone else ?

water pours from me too doug when i take off my helmet, usually from the stream tho :D

cheers leggins

Yes, that was me, section ten last lap and it gave up the ghost, the plug was knackered. Gutted, It's been chokeing up something rotten. Gonna try one of those platinum plugs to see if it makes a difference. I played around with the mixture settings and got no improvement. I rode at Huddersfield last week, I did ok, came 17th. I had to keep cleening it out by reving it before each section. I'm putting on the minimum amount of filter oil on the air filter too.

Leigh

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tell me about them leigh Ive had no end of problems with plugs over the summer .At one point I was replacing them nearly every week . I dont know if its the fact that the weather has cooled down and the bike isnt running as hot or wether backing the air screw off ! turn did the trick.

air filter oil blimey Ive never used any I just give the filter a good wash with fairy...... talking of which , where are you going to plug your fairy lights in dougie ? your gunner need a long extension cable mate :hyper:

I went to buy some new snail cams yesterday as mine are shot.

Edited by leggins

no filter oil it is for next trial, hopefull I should have the new plug in place I'll let you know how it fairs. :hyper:

dougie, you could all try one of those "deely bopers" you see kids wearing at blackpool instead of fairy lights, but I don't think trials bike shops sell them. :D:hyper::hyper:

Edited by SVLeigh

leigh

re filter oil I dont use filter oil mate because non of my mates have ever said anything about it. I will quiz them on the subject and get back to you. Maybe Dougie can shed some light on the subject

cheers leggins

Boys Boys Boys Boys Boys !! Start to use filter oil immediatly, it is probably one of the most impotant things to use on your bike, probably the 3rd most important with gear box oil and 2 stroke oil being the most important 2. It helps massivley to stop dirt entering the carb and the engine, its works like fly paper being quite sticky to the touch, dont need to use loads, just spray it all over the filter, inside and out, put it into a plastic bag and massage it in then squeeze any excess out, should be done everyother ride minimum.

I think i will just tap off the HT lead to get the fairy lights going :hyper:

I went to buy some new snail cams yesterday as mine are shot.
Edited by Dougie Pumpkin

the filter is all oiled up ,a new chain and im ready to rock. Its a pity its raining outside . I think I will sit in the arm chair and watch my world trials dvd. Its almost as good as rolling about in the mud on a sunday afternoon anyway :D

Im having a bit of trouble getting that black gunky stuff in the tyres most of it is ending up on the living room carpet............ she,s gunna be mad :(

Some tw*t has been hacking trees down at our local practice ground, the have used a chainsaw, and took some big trees down, blocking most ways in, so we have been trying to clear some of it up today, had no chance to ride just clear, one of the lads brought a chainsaw up so we could cut the trees up in to more manigal pieces. it s not some thing that has been done over a couple of hours more of a couple of days .There is some really sad people about, if we was hurting anyone or being a nuesance then i could understand, i havent even seen a walker there in over 2 years. NOT A HAPPY BUNNY TODAY :(

Clean the filter out with fairy and then put it in wash with your bike clothes or work clothes then apply the foam oil ypu should have bought by now and job is a good un.

Might be going to Dirt bike Show on sunday instead of trial at dove cliff, not sure yet, i will let you know, want to see the ne 4 Stroke Beta !!

I cant understand what some people have between their ears. Whats that all about ? practice land is hard enough to come by without morons like that doing their best to give our sport a bad name.

You wasnt out past dungworth was you ? Only I passed where a couple of jack wood sections are and there was a couple of vans parked there and a petrol can at the side of the lane. Also the gate across the water fall had been moved.

If you need a hand to do some clearing up let me know , Im only to happy to help.

that new beta sounds tastey , I can see the market being flooded with secondhand rev 3,s when that 4 stroke is released.

I cant understand what some people have between their ears. Whats that all about ? practice land is hard enough to come by without morons like that doing their best to give our sport a bad name.

You wasnt out past dungworth was you ? Only I passed where a couple of jack wood sections are and there was a couple of vans parked there and a petrol can at the side of the lane. Also the gate across the water fall had been moved.

If you need a hand to do some clearing up let me know , Im only to happy to help.

that new beta sounds tastey , I can see the market being flooded with secondhand rev 3,s when that 4 stroke is released.

Thanks for the offer mate, really appreciated.

Where have you heard the new bike ???