Dougie Pumpkin

leggins

hi leigh

no problem mate. you missed a good trial though . we had the likes of dan thorpe, chris pearson and lee sampson riding. maybe even dougie pumpkin too , although I havent heard from him yet . the weather was perfect and with two laps of 20 excellent sections what more could you ask for on any sunday. I didnt ride this year as my bike was not road worthy, but after seeing that I will be entering next years clubman route. ( so the afore mentioned riders need worry not... haa haa ). keep an eye out for upcoming hillsborough trials and get yourself entered. they really know how to stage a great event.

cheers leggins :thumbup:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi leigh

no problem mate. you missed a good trial though . we had the likes of dan thorpe, chris pearson and lee sampson riding. maybe even dougie pumpkin too , although I havent heard from him yet . the weather was perfect and with two laps of 20 excellent sections what more could you ask for on any sunday. I didnt ride this year as my bike was not road worthy, but after seeing that I will be entering next years clubman route. ( so the afore mentioned riders need worry not... haa haa ). keep an eye out for upcoming hillsborough trials and get yourself entered. they really know how to stage a great event.

cheers leggins :thumbup:

LMAO, Yes Dougie Pumpkin was there and riding. And boy did he know about it. It was the hardest trial i have done and only the second this year, i was absolutely knackered, still am come to think about it. It wasn't that there was anything big, it was just energy zapping for me, then you see the likes of Sampson, Thorpe and Pearson and they look as if they was just spectating with not a bead of sweat any where to be seen, everytime i took my helemet off, there was steam coming off my head to rival the best SAUNA's in the world! What a day though, it was mega, dint finish in time and missed the last few sections , but i will definatley be there next year, did the last 7 sections on the 1st lap with no back brake, i rode better without it . But when we went to refuel for the 2nd lap, managed to get hold of a part to fix the brake

Told the lady of the house that i need to practise big time , i probably get out once every two weeks, told her i need to get out 5 times a week from now on, but she is not having it for some reason. :beer:

Edited by Dougie Pumpkin

Hi Dougie

How about putting a side car on the Beta for the wife... bound to get you out more often :wall: . Are you going to the Peak classic at Hope on sunday ? I will be out watching the action again. Im hoping to get out for a couple of hours on saturday afternoon as I need all the practice I can get before my next comp on the 19th nov. Im aiming for a top 30 finish this time :wall:

cheers leggins

Ey up mate,

No not going to that one, will be out next weekend have a blast with the lads locally, Majicat and Firestarter 1977 want to meet up, nothing set in stone yet, went to the meet on wednesday, they was planning the xmas trial, where is the Comp on the 19th, and where did you finish last time you entered. i just aim to not be last lol. :wall:

Narr then lad

By eck I was a that meeting too I didnt see you a tho , It must be the size of that room :wall: . That trial on the 19th is a Barnsley trial at Dovecliff woods, Not over taxing but still a good day away from Cruella da Ville. The last time I rode there I made a complete mess of two sections 5,s every lap :wall: . That was a shame as I did ok on the rest. I went out on Saturday afternoon and managed to bend my tail pipe not knowingly onto the rear tyre ( sounds daft wouldnt be the front tyre ) which has wore a hole in the pipe . Im sure Barry Bains will tell me to use sellotape to fix it :wall:

Thinking about going up to Dean Head next Sunday If I can talk my mate into it. I wouldnt want to get stuck down there in the stream on my own, I could be missing for weeks like a japaneese war vet. If you fancy a ride out sometime let me know as I need all the practice I can get

cheers leggins

p.s Off to the top house at stann now for a gargle :wall:

When i go to the meet i go with Ben. I am the short a***d **** with not very much hair :wall:

Yeh its some sized room !! Ya knackered if someone lights a fag up, cos ya can,t see anyone for the smoke :wall:

Think we was going to Dean Head next weekend, but thats the date of the trial you are on about, i used to live about 5 minutes from dovecliff in the car, not rode there tho.

And what's up with 5,s ?? Thats my favourite number, as it feels like thats all i get is 5's :wall::wall:

hey up

next sundays the 12th. the trial is on the following sunday 19th , so theres still time to perfect my swan dives into a muddy stream :D . yeah i know who you are now dougie . you was sat in the corner when the buffet arrived ( manky chips n garlic bread mmmmmmmmmm !) I didnt stay till the end I made a quick getaway with mexican pete.

I had a bet with my mate that I would pay his entrance fee if he beats me at dovecilff, he was quaking in his boots I dont think he will even show, the big girl.

If you decide to go to dean head let me know what time and I will pop up. I dont know if I am going to the meeting this week as I might end up overdosing on excitement :hyper::hyper::hyper:

cheers leggins

Leggins,

I am doing the Barnsley trial on the 19th, so see you there !!

So am I, You may or may not have seen me there before. Big lad on Beta 250, My mate Lee D rides a 06 sherco 290.

see you there too!!!

cheers

Leigh

Nice one !!

Not done a Barnsley trial before, so prob not seen you.

So see you there too. :hyper:

Ps.

You will be able to recognise me, i am a short a***d bolding tw*t, that everytime i take my helmet off steam pours off my head and i look like a beetroot :hyper: .I take my helmet off at just about every section to cool down .

Edited by Dougie Pumpkin

come ooooooooooon.

looking forward to it boys. lets all wear a carnation in our number board and carry a copy of the times so we recognise each other :hyper::hyper: at least you know you wont be coming in last :hyper:

leigh did you ride the last trial at dovecliff ? if so was it you who broke down ( not sobbing uncontrolably, i mean the bike ) at section 10 or am i thinking of someone else ?

water pours from me too doug when i take off my helmet, usually from the stream tho :D

cheers leggins