Dougie Pumpkin

leggins

Nice one Dougie tied the leaver and got my kit on hmmm. It worked a treat the clutch was freed almost right away. Well I can live with that mate. Had an afternoon of riding at bradfield with a mate. one section crossed the river .All well and good until I took a wrong turning in the water and ended in deep trouble, When I say deep it was the best part of 4ft deep. Dont know about yours but my Beta cant swim... After a struggle we managed to get it back to life with no apparent damage.

How was rochdale on sunday ?

cheers Leggins

p.s riding the hillsboro trial on sunday at dean head farm cant wait.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really glad it worked :thumbup:

My Beta can't swim without arm bands :thumbup:

rochdale was awsome, tried a few new things there and succeeded, so i was a happy chappy, was really knackered afterwards and yesterday i was still recovering.

Dean head is a great place, trialled there once about 18 months ago, did crap, i not very good you see , i just love the sport. Might have a bash at the trial myself for the laugh, !!!!! :P

Edited by Dougie Pumpkin

Get yourself up there on sunday mate. It should be quite a good trial. Ive never rode a trial here only had a ride around attempting the odd ( easy) section. This will be my 3rd trial since getting back into it this year so Im still pretty bad, But like yourself I am enjoying the sport.

If you decide to go let me know and Ill keep a eye out for you. :thumbup:

cheers leggins

Get yourself up there on sunday mate. It should be quite a good trial. Ive never rode a trial here only had a ride around attempting the odd ( easy) section. This will be my 3rd trial since getting back into it this year so Im still pretty bad, But like yourself I am enjoying the sport.

If you decide to go let me know and Ill keep a eye out for you. :thumbup:

cheers leggins

See you on Sunday !!

Hey up dougie.

Yes mate I did go on Sunday but I would have been better off staying in bed. I went out on saturday afternoon with a couple of mates and spent the whole afternoon throwing my bike in and out of a rock filled stream. Fantastic, this has got to be the most enjoyable time Ive had in ages. soaked to the skin and covered in mud I went home put the bike to bed got washed and changed then headed to the pub. several pints later i headed home . Thats where the fun ended. Got up late Sunday , just made the start ( with hangover ) nothing was going right had some major off,s :guinness: . I made a right prat of myself.... Enough was enough I headed home to lick my wounds..........so lesson learned no beer before riding or better still no riding afer beer.. what did you get up too ? did you ride

cheers leggins :guinness:

Yes i went, didn't do very well, but had a real laugh, was pleased with my 4th attempt at section 10 which i cleaned at last, only just made it before they started pulling the flags up, think i got about 65 marks. how about you ? Off to back cowm tommorow, then next week doing another hillsborough trial, 1 st time i will have done a road trial, really looking forward to it. Are you doing it. Sounds like you had a real blast on Saturday.

hi doug.

I will be up at the hillsborough trial on sunday but i wont be riding with it being a road trial. the first few sections are where i was on saturday. my mate thinks its just as hard between sections. quite an early start tho mate so its steady on saturday night for me..ha ha I live and learn. Any way Iam looking forward to sunday hope you have a good one.

cheers leggins

hi doug.

I will be up at the hillsborough trial on sunday but i wont be riding with it being a road trial. the first few sections are where i was on saturday. my mate thinks its just as hard between sections. quite an early start tho mate so its steady on saturday night for me..ha ha I live and learn. Any way Iam looking forward to sunday hope you have a good one.

cheers leggins

Steady on Sat night. Not for me!! we are having a party :chairfall: , so think i might be a bit rough on Sunday , i ll let you know how i get on or not get on .

Edited by Dougie Pumpkin

Hi, where abouts is the hillsborough trial on sunday your on about. I'll be travelling from Rochdale if you reckon it's worth going to. Is it suitable for novice level? Directions would be handy too. I normally ride at some of the Yorkshire clubs but as there is a team trial on this weekend there's nothing really on. I don't really fancy going up to Cowm quarry if I can help it, even tho it's a good place to practice, there's nothing like riding sections to improve your riding skill.

many thanks

Leigh

Hi, where abouts is the hillsborough trial on sunday your on about. I'll be travelling from Rochdale if you reckon it's worth going to. Is it suitable for novice level? Directions would be handy too. I normally ride at some of the Yorkshire clubs but as there is a team trial on this weekend there's nothing really on. I don't really fancy going up to Cowm quarry if I can help it, even tho it's a good place to practice, there's nothing like riding sections to improve your riding skill.

many thanks

Leigh

hi leigh

this sundays hillsborough trial is a road trial. the hillsborough club is well known for thier challenging trials so they are not for the faint hearted. if you have sat nav then use s6 6ae . this post code will get you to the road markers. if not then its m62 to m1 south to sheffield north juction 36. follow the A61 into sheffield. when you pass the sheff wednesday ground continue for 1/2 mile . turn rightn at pizza hut then follow signs for stannington (B6076 ) this will lead you to the road flags. The trial starts at 9,30 from dysons ( brick yard ) car park. good luck let me know how you get on.

cheers leggins

p.s the regs are in this weeks t+ mx news

hi Leggins,

with it being so far and such an early start I'll give it a miss. If it was a later start time I might have give it a go. Thanks for the info anyway, much appriciated.

cheers

Leigh

hi leigh

this sundays hillsborough trial is a road trial. the hillsborough club is well known for thier challenging trials so they are not for the faint hearted. if you have sat nav then use s6 6ae . this post code will get you to the road markers. if not then its m62 to m1 south to sheffield north juction 36. follow the A61 into sheffield. when you pass the sheff wednesday ground continue for 1/2 mile . turn rightn at pizza hut then follow signs for stannington (B6076 ) this will lead you to the road flags. The trial starts at 9,30 from dysons ( brick yard ) car park. good luck let me know how you get on.

cheers leggins

p.s the regs are in this weeks t+ mx news