British Indoor Youth Trial

as iow

Due to the lack of intrest in last weeks indoor youth trial, it will not be held next year.

I spent weeks organising this event for the stars of the future, and anyone who was there would appreciate that. After the trial it takes about 4 day to remove everything from Brickfields.

Yes it made

Alan,

I take serious offence at this. You KNOW I do whatever I can to promote Youth Trials both in the UK and abroad. You complain I haven't reported anything on this event, but have you considered that might be due to the fact I received no report on it from the organisers? Events I attend I am happy to write reports on as I was there. Events I don't attend then my crystal ball might need a bit of polishing...

Did you or anyone else from IOWMCC send out a post-event press-release? NO. Did you even email me results? NO. You have, as a Club, the appropriate permissions to post news directly to the front page of Trials Central. Have you done so? NO.

I rest my case.

I can't speak for TMX, but suspect they're in the same position I am. If you don't provide the news then we can't publicise it. End of story. Don't come on here throwing your toys out of your pram about lack of reporting if you're not prepared to work with those who will help you. It only makes you look slightly daft...

Andy not getting at you but someone came from the mainland to report it and gave photos and a report to T&MXN but they could'nt be ass't to put it in. I thought that same person was going to post it on trials central but they have'nt, not your fault , and sorry, not having a go at you. It's just that it was a fantasic night and know one will ever know about it.

I'm not aware of a reporter who was there who has permissions to post on Trials Central. With the exception of myself all those who have permission to post on this site do so either on behalf of a Club or Centre or on behalf of a rider. i.e. There is a bias to their reporting.

The fact remains that it is down to the organisers to provide event follow-up if they want press coverage. You managed to post your own son's results in the forums so it obviously wasn't down to lack of time. Why couldn't you have taken the time to email me the results from the Indoor event? At least from that I would have had something to work from.