Timing For Beta 270cc

sarah

Barry, when i screwed up my stator taking the fly wheel off the timeing was set like the pic you posted. I found the pic that I posted and set the timing to it and it made the bike a lot softer and not as quick (better for this newb). Right after that my new stator went out and Ron Como swapped it out at the nationals in Tishamingo. I have not pulled the flywheel to see were he set the timing but it seemed to perform like it did when I set the timing back to the specs in the pic I posted (softer). I'll see about pulling the flywheel and see where the timeing is set.

• 3 weeks later...

IF you go into the the www.beta-uk.com site and then to the link for the bikes you will see a list of bike years. When I click on the 2002 (which my bike is) it has a FAQ's link. I clicked on that link it it as a link for ignition timing. That's where I got the pic that I posted that was different than what Barry posted.

Yesteday I pulled the flywheel and when Ron put the new stator in at the nationls (thanks Ron!) the timing is set like the pic Berry posted. I'd didn't notice much differance in the bike but than again I'm a nube...

• 1 month later...

Swapped the Stator on my bike today withs Ralphs and checked the timing on both bikes. The setting was more like gregkabobs pic 7.5mm gap same on mine and Ralphs, I will take a pic tomorrow and measure the exact distance for reference, both bikes are Rev3 270's 2006 models.

Quite a lot of dust within the casings of both bikes but stators and flywheels looked clean enough, quick spray of brake/WD40 everywhere and blew out the **** with an air line.

Also whilst the electrics were out got rid of the wiring loom (lights/switch gear) and re wired the kill button to make cleaning everything under the cover easier.

The control box is a bit tight to get out and back in but if anyones struggling one day move the clutch/throttle cable to the far left of the opening and pull the box forward then get it as far to the right and up. Fits to the mm but comes out reasonably easy like that, no other way looks possible, same procedure for getting back in.

I had originally fitted the earth for the kill switch to the coil but now have it on the top radiator mounting and the live to the CDI, fits in better that way.