Message For Mr N Dabster

cubby

Hello

I noticed you van from the picture on your posts. it looks exactly like the kind of model i am going to start looking for in a couple of months. Can you give me some info about the model and where you got it?

Also, do you have rear seats and can yoou still fit a bike in ok if so?

Cheers

Cubby

174 vw window van with side doors both sides. SWB with 2 & 1 rear seats which clip in and out. The seats are heavy but easy enough to get in and out. We got 3 bikes in at the weekend easily and three comfy seats as I only ever have 2 seats in the front of my vans no bench for 2.

This is the best van I have ever had, been having this size vans since 1990.

Bedford midi, L 3oo , VW T4, Vit 113,2 x vito 112, now VWT5.

Best things are criusing speed/acceleration, quietness solid, economy is ok and touch wood as reliable as anything else. Got put off the new Vito by a few things, and thought my vw was a lttle more van like in some ways, but having driven back from spain in one day 1000miles plus, would not choose anything else.

have I missed anything?

Nigel: I am so envious of these European Vans! We yanks are stuck with stupid Ford, Chevy, and Dodge vans. The mileage on them is so bad it costs $50.00 for gas to drive them 100 miles. A weekend trip to say Spokane, Washington in my Dodge van takes easily $200.00 in gas I am so frustrated by the situation I am ready to take the torches to my 1993 Geo Storm and try to make it into a mini-mini van so I can haul my bike to practice. The cost of driving american vans is absolutely outrageous! They all need crushing at the scrap yard! I don't understand why we can't have decent bike hauling vans here in the US. Believe it or not on this front you guys have it made over there. JL

I like everything about them but the price. $27,000.00 for the cheapest used one around. The price of some houses. I just think that US automakers are missing the boat. There are 500 different models to choose from and none are suitable really as economy trials vans. Thinking about hunting down one of those used Toyata mini vans they used to make in the late eighties.

Jay ! Who's leg you trying to pull ? I have been to the states five times in the last few years and i thjink its fair to say that the cost of buying a vehicle ine the USA is about half what it is in europe and if my memorey is right you pay about 3 dollars a gallon. In Britain we pay around

Jay ! Who's leg you trying to pull ? I have been to the states five times in the last few years and i thjink its fair to say that the cost of buying a vehicle ine the USA is about half what it is in europe and if my memorey is right you pay about 3 dollars a gallon. In Britain we pay around

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
174 vw window van with side doors both sides. SWB with 2 & 1 rear seats which clip in and out. The seats are heavy but easy enough to get in and out. We got 3 bikes in at the weekend easily and three comfy seats as I only ever have 2 seats in the front of my vans no bench for 2.

This is the best van I have ever had, been having this size vans since 1990.

Bedford midi, L 3oo , VW T4, Vit 113,2 x vito 112, now VWT5.

Best things are criusing speed/acceleration, quietness solid, economy is ok and touch wood as reliable as anything else. Got put off the new Vito by a few things, and thought my vw was a lttle more van like in some ways, but having driven back from spain in one day 1000miles plus, would not choose anything else.

have I missed anything?

you forgot to mention the TC sticker :D